Phone starta charging on its own and loosing battery

Search This thread

manpreetsingh46

Jan 1, 2012
I am facing thi issue with my phone from last 2 months. My phone starts charging without charger and it drops battery 15% in 5min and than stop. I have clean the usb port. Reflashed the rom.did a clean instlation and even tried installing stock rom but still same. I am using a new battery. Please assist me resolving this issue.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

thuva06

Nov 18, 2013
Dubai
I am facing thi issue with my phone from last 2 months. My phone starts charging without charger and it drops battery 15% in 5min and than stop. I have clean the usb port. Reflashed the rom.did a clean instlation and even tried installing stock rom but still same. I am using a new battery. Please assist me resolving this issue.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

basically due to water damage in your USB port you have to change it...

manpreetsingh46

Jan 1, 2012
Changed the USB port

Hi,

I have changed the USB flex board and the issue is still same. Its using less battery but the issue is still happens. I see phone charging on its own.

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Did you follow Keith's guide & buy the right 'revision' of the board ? If you didn't, that's probably your issue. Go back, read his guide again, and order the right part.

If you did, probably something else on the motherboard causing issues; take it to a local mobile repair shop for diagnosis - I mean, you could always replace the motherboard yourself, but that's going to be not inexpensive (not as expensive as having a Samsung service centre put a new one in, but still...), and they might find the cause of the issue requires a fix that isn't as drastic/expensive as a motherboard replacement.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Replace USB board/port. There's a guide in the General section (search) which has all the info you need (easy to do, costs ~US$10).