XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone starta charging on its own and loosing battery

Tip us?

manpreetsingh46
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Phone starta charging on its own and loosing battery

I am facing thi issue with my phone from last 2 months. My phone starts charging without charger and it drops battery 15% in 5min and than stop. I have clean the usb port. Reflashed the rom.did a clean instlation and even tried installing stock rom but still same. I am using a new battery. Please assist me resolving this issue.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3022
Replace USB board/port. There's a guide in the General section (search) which has all the info you need (easy to do, costs ~US$10).
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thuva06
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsingh46 View Post
I am facing thi issue with my phone from last 2 months. My phone starts charging without charger and it drops battery 15% in 5min and than stop. I have clean the usb port. Reflashed the rom.did a clean instlation and even tried installing stock rom but still same. I am using a new battery. Please assist me resolving this issue.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium
basically due to water damage in your USB port you have to change it...

DEVICE : GALAXY S II I9100G
ROM : MOKEE 4.4.2

SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR ROOTING AND FLASHING

manpreetsingh46
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Changed the USB port

Hi,

I have changed the USB flex board and the issue is still same. Its using less battery but the issue is still happens. I see phone charging on its own.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3022
Did you follow Keith's guide & buy the right 'revision' of the board ? If you didn't, that's probably your issue. Go back, read his guide again, and order the right part.

If you did, probably something else on the motherboard causing issues; take it to a local mobile repair shop for diagnosis - I mean, you could always replace the motherboard yourself, but that's going to be not inexpensive (not as expensive as having a Samsung service centre put a new one in, but still...), and they might find the cause of the issue requires a fix that isn't as drastic/expensive as a motherboard replacement.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!