[Q] Phone stuck, boot looped, asked for decryption password and died. idea?
I searched around but couldn't find this exact problem, can use your advice figuring out what happened to the phone:
1. Recently I had some crashes here and there where applications had to close, I'm not sure if it happened right after I flashed a firmware (XWLSS that someone localized to my language, a very common rom in my region) or sometimes after that, but it wasn't too bad so i lived with it.
2. Yesterday i wanted to update some app that requires 500+ MB to download, Google Play showed some errors when trying to download it (error 24 and sometimes some other code). I noticed other people report it in the reviews but figured it might be space issue so i uninstalled some apps i no longer use.
3. In one of the attempts to download the app I cancelled in the middle.
4. The phone got stuck, I had to close it as no other button responded.
5. The phone got into a boot loop a few times an eventually loaded but asked me for some password to decrypt the data (AFAIK my data is not encrypted)
6. *while the phone is still on, asking for that password*, i removed the battery and put it back in.
Since then the phone doesn't show any sign of being alive:
* Nothing on screen when trying to start it
* Nothing on screen when trying to charge (replacing the battery didn't work either)
* Nothing on screen when holding VolumeUp+Home+Power button
* Nothing on screen when holding VolumeDown+Home+Power buttons
* Nothing on screen when plugging in a JIG
Any ideas what happened?
What would be needed to fix it? (JTAG? soemthing else?)