Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,250 Members 41,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone won't boot

Tip us?

dragoncookie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Phone won't boot

Hello!
Today I was just using my (rooted) phone as usual when it suddenly crashed. The screen was stuck at lockscreen and it didn't even turn off. I did the most plausible thing and shut it off by removing the battery.
But, when I tried to restart it it refused to boot. At first it was stuck on the yellow triangle screen, so I tried connecting to my PC on download mode. ODIN recognized the phone, but ADB didn't so I was blocked out of recovery mode (since my phone's home button is broken, I can't use the button combo to go to recovery mode.). I couldn't find a stock kernel for my phone so I decided to re-flash the kernel I'd used for rooting (Siyah kernel, v6), but ODIN was permanently stuck at "NAND write Start". Since the green bar up was full I decided it was okay to unplug it.
Sadly it seems it wasn't. Now my phone won't show anything but a black screen, not even if I plug the charger in or connect it to the USB. It was showing the battery charging screen before but now not even that will work.
Is there anything I can do to fix this? I doubt I can take it to a service center since it has the yellow triangle thing on the logo and since it won't boot I can't remove it.

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1183
Sounds like you killed the motherboard.....if it *is* totally unbootable and under the 2 year warranty, take it to a service centre where you might be able to 'blag' a free repair.
If it's not under warranty, it'd be cheaper to source a second hand board and replace it yourself.....or pay (less) to an unofficial repairer to do it for you......
A good place to look for parts might be here.....
http://www.parts4repair.com/categori...-Repair-Parts/

Sent from my Markox powered KitKatted S2