Watch This Now!

[Q] Phone won't boot

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By dragoncookie, Junior Member on 25th April 2014, 11:00 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Today I was just using my (rooted) phone as usual when it suddenly crashed. The screen was stuck at lockscreen and it didn't even turn off. I did the most plausible thing and shut it off by removing the battery.
But, when I tried to restart it it refused to boot. At first it was stuck on the yellow triangle screen, so I tried connecting to my PC on download mode. ODIN recognized the phone, but ADB didn't so I was blocked out of recovery mode (since my phone's home button is broken, I can't use the button combo to go to recovery mode.). I couldn't find a stock kernel for my phone so I decided to re-flash the kernel I'd used for rooting (Siyah kernel, v6), but ODIN was permanently stuck at "NAND write Start". Since the green bar up was full I decided it was okay to unplug it.
Sadly it seems it wasn't. Now my phone won't show anything but a black screen, not even if I plug the charger in or connect it to the USB. It was showing the battery charging screen before but now not even that will work.
Is there anything I can do to fix this? I doubt I can take it to a service center since it has the yellow triangle thing on the logo and since it won't boot I can't remove it.
25th April 2014, 11:44 PM |#2  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 1,332
Sounds like you killed the motherboard.....if it *is* totally unbootable and under the 2 year warranty, take it to a service centre where you might be able to 'blag' a free repair.
If it's not under warranty, it'd be cheaper to source a second hand board and replace it yourself.....or pay (less) to an unofficial repairer to do it for you......
A good place to look for parts might be here.....

Sent from my Markox powered KitKatted S2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread