Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can't play 3gp video file on my phone and pc. WHY?

OP Noob_Android_User

9th February 2014, 09:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
I had this app on my phone that could record videos and take pics in secret. I recently bought the app to gain 1/3 access of it's functionality. Started to test the camcorder and looked it up in my sdcard directory. Played the video file but the notice came up as "Unable to play video file". I thought this was something that you can play only on my computer with any player software like Windows Media Player, VLC or Realplayer but GUESS I WAS WRONG. I ported over this "3GP" file from my phone to my computer, chose any video player software that can play this file and all off them failed. Classic Media Player tells me that there's a missing filter, Quicktime can't understand the file, RealPlayer says that I'm missing a "moov atom" and I have this FreeStudio software by DVDVideoSoft and tried to convert it but it told me that "Unable to convert format. File is DRM protected". Can anyone tell me what's going on here and is there anyway without going to some nefarious website for solutions?
Last edited by Noob_Android_User; 10th February 2014 at 03:59 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
3gp, conversion, moov atom
Previous Thread Next Thread