Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Please help!!!

OP binsuthomas

13th September 2012, 10:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi Guys!!,

I have an S2 and sadly while doing an update through ODIN, it was interrupted in between and got "ODIN FAIL " message. After that, I tried doing a hard reset, soft reset and even connecting my phone to different computers but somehow there seems to be no life in the phone. Good news is, I know there is nothing wrong with the hardware(as i got it checked by a technician). I just want to know how to start the phone, just to see the symbol, so that i can have it reflashed.Battery has also been completly charged , yet no change

Model:- i9100

Please help.. you guys are the only ones who can help
13th September 2012, 11:02 PM   |  #2  
Flag Lagos
Thanks Meter: 1,151

3,388 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by binsuthomas

Hi Guys!!,

I have an S2 and sadly while doing an update through ODIN, it was interrupted in between and got "ODIN FAIL " message. After that, I tried doing a hard reset, soft reset and even connecting my phone to different computers but somehow there seems to be no life in the phone. Good news is, I know there is nothing wrong with the hardware(as i got it checked by a technician). I just want to know how to start the phone, just to see the symbol, so that i can have it reflashed.Battery has also been completly charged , yet no change

Model:- i9100

Please help.. you guys are the only ones who can help

1. Is there any sign of life at all in the phone? Can the phone light up at all?

2. Remove the battery for few minutes ( up to 10mins), the try again if there is sign of life)

If after trying 1 and 2, there is still no sign of life in your phone, then you can simply conclude that Your bootloader has probably been messed up, and therefore your device is hardbricked!

Solution 1:

1. JTAG repair

2. Samsung service repair (free if your device is still under warranty)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jokesy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th September 2012, 11:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokesy

1. Is there any sign of life at all in the phone? Can the phone light up at all?

2. Remove the battery for few minutes ( up to 10mins), the try again if there is sign of life)

If after trying 1 and 2, there is still no sign of life in your phone, then you can simply conclude that Your bootloader has probably been messed up, and therefore your device is hardbricked!

Solution 1:

1. JTAG repair

2. Samsung service repair (free if your device is still under warranty)

Thanks for the quick reply. Sadly, in the middle east, Service centers are not that great and my hone is not under warranty as it got expired on 30/08/2012.

I have a feeling that you are right about the boot loader being messed up.. so how do i get it working??? I mean what is JTAG? Thats something i havent come across
14th September 2012, 12:15 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,227

1,776 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by binsuthomas

Thanks for the quick reply. Sadly, in the middle east, Service centers are not that great and my hone is not under warranty as it got expired on 30/08/2012.

I have a feeling that you are right about the boot loader being messed up.. so how do i get it working??? I mean what is JTAG? Thats something i havent come across

Have you tried a USB Jig? If you can get into download mode with it you can flash a new firmware through odin, and if not then Jtag probably the only thing that would help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scarface1991 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th September 2012, 06:44 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface1991

Have you tried a USB Jig? If you can get into download mode with it you can flash a new firmware through odin, and if not then Jtag probably the only thing that would help.

No i havent tried USB Jig or JTAG.. And its not available here in Bahrain.. So there is no actual way of fixing this apart from these 2 options??

Man... Im so screwed..
14th September 2012, 07:54 AM   |  #6  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 8

47 posts
More
Have you tried removing the battery for a while (10 minutes) and then reinserting n charging via wall charger (not via computer's USB)?

If yes, what happened?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
14th September 2012, 08:37 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiiadoableiii

Have you tried removing the battery for a while (10 minutes) and then reinserting n charging via wall charger (not via computer's USB)?

If yes, what happened?

like i said earlier... done all the basic checks... no life what so ever, do mention something else other than the ones i have originally posted
14th September 2012, 08:50 AM   |  #8  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 8

47 posts
More
If that's the case, then i am really sorry mate.. U can order a USB jig / jtag from Ebay.

14th September 2012, 09:21 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 2

21 posts
try usb jig.
try usb jig. it will help you i think.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread