Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,526 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Please help!!!

Tip us?
 
binsuthomas
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default [Q] Please help!!!

Hi Guys!!,

I have an S2 and sadly while doing an update through ODIN, it was interrupted in between and got "ODIN FAIL " message. After that, I tried doing a hard reset, soft reset and even connecting my phone to different computers but somehow there seems to be no life in the phone. Good news is, I know there is nothing wrong with the hardware(as i got it checked by a technician). I just want to know how to start the phone, just to see the symbol, so that i can have it reflashed.Battery has also been completly charged , yet no change

Model:- i9100

Please help.. you guys are the only ones who can help
 
Jokesy
Old
#2  
Jokesy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1147
Posts: 3,388
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Lagos
Quote:
Originally Posted by binsuthomas View Post
Hi Guys!!,

I have an S2 and sadly while doing an update through ODIN, it was interrupted in between and got "ODIN FAIL " message. After that, I tried doing a hard reset, soft reset and even connecting my phone to different computers but somehow there seems to be no life in the phone. Good news is, I know there is nothing wrong with the hardware(as i got it checked by a technician). I just want to know how to start the phone, just to see the symbol, so that i can have it reflashed.Battery has also been completly charged , yet no change

Model:- i9100

Please help.. you guys are the only ones who can help
1. Is there any sign of life at all in the phone? Can the phone light up at all?

2. Remove the battery for few minutes ( up to 10mins), the try again if there is sign of life)

If after trying 1 and 2, there is still no sign of life in your phone, then you can simply conclude that Your bootloader has probably been messed up, and therefore your device is hardbricked!

Solution 1:

1. JTAG repair

2. Samsung service repair (free if your device is still under warranty)





I will no longer be as active as before on XDA. So please don't send me any PM. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Jokesy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
binsuthomas
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokesy View Post
1. Is there any sign of life at all in the phone? Can the phone light up at all?

2. Remove the battery for few minutes ( up to 10mins), the try again if there is sign of life)

If after trying 1 and 2, there is still no sign of life in your phone, then you can simply conclude that Your bootloader has probably been messed up, and therefore your device is hardbricked!

Solution 1:

1. JTAG repair

2. Samsung service repair (free if your device is still under warranty)
Thanks for the quick reply. Sadly, in the middle east, Service centers are not that great and my hone is not under warranty as it got expired on 30/08/2012.

I have a feeling that you are right about the boot loader being messed up.. so how do i get it working??? I mean what is JTAG? Thats something i havent come across
 
Scarface1991
Old
#4  
Scarface1991's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1202
Posts: 1,714
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by binsuthomas View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. Sadly, in the middle east, Service centers are not that great and my hone is not under warranty as it got expired on 30/08/2012.

I have a feeling that you are right about the boot loader being messed up.. so how do i get it working??? I mean what is JTAG? Thats something i havent come across
Have you tried a USB Jig? If you can get into download mode with it you can flash a new firmware through odin, and if not then Jtag probably the only thing that would help.
"We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas." - Steve Jobs, 1994

"I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this." - Steve Jobs, 2010


Everything is a Remix

Has Apple Really Ever Invented Anything?

Apple Patent Insanity Rant or why we need a Patentlaw Reform
The Following User Says Thank You to Scarface1991 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
binsuthomas
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface1991 View Post
Have you tried a USB Jig? If you can get into download mode with it you can flash a new firmware through odin, and if not then Jtag probably the only thing that would help.
No i havent tried USB Jig or JTAG.. And its not available here in Bahrain.. So there is no actual way of fixing this apart from these 2 options??


Man... Im so screwed..
 
iiiadoableiii
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 28
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Have you tried removing the battery for a while (10 minutes) and then reinserting n charging via wall charger (not via computer's USB)?

If yes, what happened?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
 
binsuthomas
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiiadoableiii View Post
Have you tried removing the battery for a while (10 minutes) and then reinserting n charging via wall charger (not via computer's USB)?

If yes, what happened?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
like i said earlier... done all the basic checks... no life what so ever, do mention something else other than the ones i have originally posted
 
iiiadoableiii
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 28
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
If that's the case, then i am really sorry mate.. U can order a USB jig / jtag from Ebay.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
 
evil__chuck
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 16
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default try usb jig.

try usb jig. it will help you i think.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Run, Jump, and Shoot in Tales of Ciaxia

There are certain types of games that have become paramount of the portable gaming world. As we have … more

Samsung Gear Live Stock Firmware Image Pulled, Temp Root

Just yesterday,XDA Recognized Developer and TV ProducerAdamOutlertore apart … more