Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,414 Members 50,769 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Porting ios7 style rom for galaxy s2 gt-i9100

Tip us?

edd89
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxys2hero View Post
it's not only me. i think a lot of ppl want an ios 7 rom. if someone can helo me i will begin it but i need someome who teaching me. i'm 17 with a not bad english so i can understand all sh*tty things like framework etc.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én GT-I9100-el
did you check my thread bud?

keithross39
Old
(Last edited by keithross39; 9th January 2014 at 01:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1190
Yeah......as I said 5 pages of comments and 25 likes........
I don't need to read the thread to know what it's about when the thread title tells me.......
But that thread's over on the Sony forums isn't it.......
There's WAY less bad blood between Sony and apple than there is between Samsung and apple. I think you'll find even less enthusiasm here for the iOS look than over on the Sony forum........

Edit...wrong person....nvm

This might be my S2, or it might be my W...but it's definitely CM

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
I dont understand the 'buy device A & want to make it look like device B' thing. Why not buy device B in the first place ? Apart from features which are gimmicky, (mostly), top line smartphones pretty much all have the same features anyway. Not like you'd be losing out on that score if you bought device B (but you would be stuck in their 'walled garden' though, obviously).
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1190
I don't like the whole iOS UI thing anyway.......it seems too..........kindergartenish....
Android IMO is more.......sophisticated....adult....

This might be my S2, or it might be my W...but it's definitely CM
The Following User Says Thank You to keithross39 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dakura
Old
Thanks Meter 48
You don't really need a rom, unlike iOS, you can change everything on your phone with just rooting. And there should be a lot of iOS launchers out there. You can also install miui and browse for iOS themes. I don't expect anyone to waste time on making an iOS 7 rom because we are already having a hard time adjusting to kitkat right now, im guessing a lot of devs have their hands full. If you want to make one with jelly bean, you are welcome to read the guides all around the forum.
Phone: Nexus 5 16GB
Tablet: Nexus 7 32GB
Old Android Phones: Samsung Galaxy Mini, Samsung S2 I9100G