ShadowArany
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hope it will be able to recover

GFXi0N
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 182
Great: After losing the phone and past almost three months, samsung says the phone has been manipulated and the warranty is voided....
I wasn't able to flash back an original firmware prior to sending it to the tech service.....
What do you recommend me to do?
I guess paying for the repair would be quite expensive....

TheATHEiST
Old
Thanks Meter 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFXi0N View Post
Great: After losing the phone and past almost three months, samsung says the phone has been manipulated and the warranty is voided....
I wasn't able to flash back an original firmware prior to sending it to the tech service.....
What do you recommend me to do?
I guess paying for the repair would be quite expensive....
Well what is it you expect us to say, some secret magic word that will fix it for free?

The choice is pay for it to be fixed or dont.
Phone:
Galaxy Note II | CM11 (Unofficial)

Tablet
Nexus 7 | CM 10.2

Smartphone History:
HTC Touch > HTC Universal > HTC Touch HD > HTC HD2 > iPhone 4S > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Samsung Galaxy Note II

Tablet History:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 > iPad3 > Nexus 7

GFXi0N
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 182
So no magic word or secret passphrase so they will upgrade my device to a SGSIV for free?
Damn.....

I'm asking for advice, since I'm convinced the brick was not caused by flashing anything.....
Does anyone have any experience with this in the past to know more or less how expensive bill could I be facing for the repair?

TheATHEiST
Old
Thanks Meter 870
Quote:
So no magic word or secret passphrase so they will upgrade my device to a SGSIV for free?
Damn.....

I'm asking for advice, since I'm convinced the brick was not caused by flashing anything.....
Does anyone have any experience with this in the past to know more or less how expensive bill could I be facing for the repair?
Dude, it WAS caused by flashing something.

Initially your device wasn't "bricked" and was likely a kernel issue and possibly a dirty usb data connection.

The point when it was bricked was when you tried flashing the pit file, had bad connection and you then pulling battery. This f**ked your nand chip up and only way to fix it is to replace motherboard.

You will need to either purchase a mobo replacement and replace it yourself or pay somebody to purchase/replace it for you. Probably looking at around 100.
Phone:

Tablet
Nexus 7 | CM 10.2

Smartphone History:
HTC Touch > HTC Universal > HTC Touch HD > HTC HD2 > iPhone 4S > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Samsung Galaxy Note II

Tablet History:

gastonw
Old
Thanks Meter 1764
Default Re: Possibly bricked phone

When bricks happen, you really need to BRICK it before claiming warranty.

I've got a couple of guys here that own a PhD in bricking.

Brick is the new flash.

Sent from the little guy
OMG!!! Just realized I've got an SII Plus! oh...wait...I've got more Internal Space, nevermind, still got an SII.

The Following User Says Thank You to gastonw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GFXi0N
Old
(Last edited by GFXi0N; 14th February 2013 at 04:19 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 182
Jig wasn't working
Flashing anyting.. even just a recovery wasn't working
FLashing official didnt work
Flashing CM didnt work either
Tested different cables and different ports

It was f*cked up already... anyway: 4 samsung devices owned: 3 gave problems of hardware..... that cannot be a coincidence...

Repartitioning erased my tracks, if anything... because the 3 key combo for recovery was working until then..... but either way they managed to access the memory somehow, I guess.....

TheATHEiST
Old
Thanks Meter 870
Quote:
anyway: 4 samsung devices owned: 3 gave problems of hardware..... that cannot be a coincidence....
Maybe a PEBCAK?
Phone:

Tablet
Nexus 7 | CM 10.2

Smartphone History:

Tablet History:

gastonw
Old
Thanks Meter 1764
Quote:
Jig wasn't working
Flashing anyting.. even just a recovery wasn't working
FLashing official didnt work
Flashing CM didnt work either
Tested different cables and different ports

It was f*cked up already... anyway: 4 samsung devices owned: 3 gave problems of hardware..... that cannot be a coincidence...

Repartitioning erased my tracks, if anything... because the 3 key combo for recovery was working until then..... but either way they managed to access the memory somehow, I guess.....
Don't blame the phone, blame the user.
OMG!!! Just realized I've got an SII Plus! oh...wait...I've got more Internal Space, nevermind, still got an SII.

GFXi0N
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 182
Yeah, sure... anyway... thanks for the help... I hope some day you need it and someone will come not trying to mocking you..... anyway... this is the trend around here lately...
Happy trolling

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe