Prevent app from reading root status?

OP astrodomine

23rd May 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

68 posts
Is it possible to prevent an app from reading the phone's root status? Can lucky patcher or something similar help?

Sent from tapatalk
Last edited by astrodomine; 23rd May 2014 at 01:51 AM.
23rd May 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3,206

7,088 posts
Lucky Patcher is forbidden to be discussed here given what most people use it for.

I'm not aware of anything that will hide root on a per app basis, you can only 'hide' it on a system-wide basis in SuperSu (uncheck Enable Superuser in settings), run the app you want to run, then unhide root (recheck Enable Superuser in settings; you may need to reboot to re-enable root).

This will work for some apps, but it depends on what the app actually checks for when it checks for root. If it only queries if SuperSu/similar is enabled, then that will solve your problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,283

2,218 posts
Donate to Me
More
There's actually two ways to do this that I know of, there's an Xposed module, Root Cloak which will hide root on a per-app basis. There's also Root Cloak Plus on Play Store which requires Cydia Substrate to run (both apps/methods are called the same thing but are different apps/methods of hiding root). I've never used either of them, but I know a lot of people have success with the Xposed version, Root cloak.

Short story, install Xposed framework if you haven't already, and then install the Root Cloak module from XDA and see if it works for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hopper8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2014, 12:33 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3,206

7,088 posts
Good info Hopper
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2014, 03:07 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

68 posts
Tried the first method by disabling root in super su, that did work. And a reboot later, root was back. But once you disable root, it's so for all apps. I'm going to try the xposed module now. Thanks a lot for the info.

Sent using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread