Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,313 Members 49,184 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem flashing CM11 M6

Tip us?

Giobio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Question [Q] Problem flashing CM11 M6

Hi guys,
I'm using on my S2 a Cyanogenmod Rom (v. 11-20140504-snapshot-M6-I9100) and as recovery CWM-based recovery v.6.0.4.8.
Fortunelly I made a complete backup so I'm able to restore anytime my best configuration with that rom.

The problem come out if, reflashing the stock firmware, I would flash again the recovery and rom. The device do not install twice giving me back ERROR 7.
Do anybodies know why it happens?

I arrived to that configuration flashing CM11-M6 from another CM version (markox89) and recovery v 6.0.4.8 from Philz temporary recovery (and than I flashed the version 6.0.4.7 auto updated to 6.0.4.8).

gothikj
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default CM11 M6

Hello,

My guess is that you need to flash a CM11/KK compatible kernel first. From what I know, Philz is a samsung base kernel (4.12), so it wont work. Try flashing Gustavo's 21/4 or Apolo 7.0vb kernel which are the best of the lot for the aging GS2 now.

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to gothikj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Giobio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothikj View Post
Hello,

My guess is that you need to flash a CM11/KK compatible kernel first. From what I know, Philz is a samsung base kernel (4.12), so it wont work. Try flashing Gustavo's 21/4 or Apolo 7.0vb kernel which are the best of the lot for the aging GS2 now.

Cheers

Thanks a lot for your suggest. I will try before to flash one of those kernels and let you know.... Ciao

Giobio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default 7827 69889896

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothikj View Post
Hello,

Cheers
I found the issue.... I downloaded the rom for I9100g, not mine.... Maybe I have to drink less when i'm downloading&flashing...