5,604,507 Members 45,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Serious problem with Galaxy S2 GT-I9100!!

Tip us?

cronosis7906
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Serious problem with Galaxy S2 GT-I9100!!

Hello guys, I´ve been since monday trying to find an answer to my problem all over the internet but there seems to be no one else with the same problem.. here´s what happened:

On Friday I took my phone to a Samsung official support store in my country (Argentina) to fix something that was wrong with the display, I went back on saturday to find out that they had updated my phone to Jellybean... but then they told me that for some reason the unlock that I had on the phone was gone... and that there was no way they could unlock it again because the new jellybean didnt allowed it or something like that, and that they "forgot" to do a restore backup of the phone before they updated it. At that point I wanted to kill somebody:, i filled complaint forms and etc but they gave me no solution..

I went back home and tried to find a solution on my own, I ve tried different methods like galaxysunlock and other stuff and even though it shows like its unlocked it doesnt allow me to call or receive calls but it picks up signal. Then I thought maybe they´re right and it has something to do with JB but when I tried to change the ROM to 4.0.4 even 4.0.3 with ODIN the phone doesnt start it just stays in the first screen with the S shining and thats all... The only ROM that works is this one : I9100XWLS8_I9100XXLS8_I9100FOPLS3_HOME.tar the one with JB..

Please I really need help with this issue

f-r
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Default Re: [Q] Serious problem with Galaxy S2 GT-I9100!!

You haven't found not a single thread on the internet on how to stop the bootloop on the GS2....Really?

And no one managed *ever* to fix the SIM lock?
I find it hard to belive....

Google "xda i9100 fix bootloop" first and stop being lazy.

Read some XDA i9100 threads before posting.

Sent from my digital submersible hovercraft.

gastonw
Old
Thanks Meter 1764

now wait a second, where did you take your device?
Lol you took it for screen repair and they ended updating it to JB?
JB is not even out in this region.

Te cagaron mal, and try galaxysim unlock, it's free here at xda.

And also check if it's your device your holding, sounds like swap to me.

Sent from the little guy
OMG!!! Just realized I've got an SII Plus! oh...wait...I've got more Internal Space, nevermind, still got an SII.

cronosis7906
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by f-r View Post
You haven't found not a single thread on the internet on how to stop the bootloop on the GS2....Really?

And no one managed *ever* to fix the SIM lock?
I find it hard to belive....

Google "xda i9100 fix bootloop" first and stop being lazy.

Read some XDA i9100 threads before posting.

Sent from my digital submersible hovercraft.
Overall I appreciate you took time to look into my problem and give me an answer.. I just dont think you know me that well to give such an opinion.

About the bootloop I`ll look into it but If I could find a way to unlock it I dont care if I have JB, I didnt say no one was able to fix the SIM lock, thats what THEY told me, in fact I read lots of post where people unlocked it with no problem, I just dont know what the FK Im doing wrong that I cant, thats why Im asking for help.

But again, thank you for your answer.

cronosis7906
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastonw View Post
now wait a second, where did you take your device?
Lol you took it for screen repair and they ended updating it to JB?
JB is not even out in this region.

Te cagaron mal, and try galaxysim unlock, it's free here at xda.

And also check if it's your device your holding, sounds like swap to me.

Sent from the little guy
For what it seems I took it to the worst placen in town, but they were the only place that had the display (we have serious problems to get this kind of stuff here because of the import laws of the country)... Unfortunatly this is (sadly) normal around here, if it had worked out well they would have told me that I needed to pay some extra money for the update...

Ive tried the galaxysim unlock from this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1846451 I followed all the steps, rooted the JB, installed busybox then the app, but even though it says its unlocked and it picks up signal it says "emergecy calls only" and I cant neither send or receive any calls.

lol I just cheked the imei in the phone and behind the battery and at least its my device

Thank you for your answers!! I hope I can get this fixed!

gastonw
Old
Thanks Meter 1764

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronosis7906 View Post
For what it seems I took it to the worst placen in town, but they were the only place that had the display (we have serious problems to get this kind of stuff here because of the import laws of the country)... Unfortunatly this is (sadly) normal around here, if it had worked out well they would have told me that I needed to pay some extra money for the update...

Ive tried the galaxysim unlock from this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1846451 I followed all the steps, rooted the JB, installed busybox then the app, but even though it says its unlocked and it picks up signal it says "emergecy calls only" and I cant neither send or receive any calls.

lol I just cheked the imei in the phone and behind the battery and at least its my device

Thank you for your answers!! I hope I can get this fixed!
Whatever they've flashed, they've shouldn't have, It doesn't make any sense.
Now, you need to change your modem. Flash nordic LSD, I was in Argentina the other day an roaming didn't work first, at night it settled.

If that doesn't work, flash the leak's modem, LS6.

Sent from the little guy
OMG!!! Just realized I've got an SII Plus! oh...wait...I've got more Internal Space, nevermind, still got an SII.

cronosis7906
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Whatever they've flashed, they've shouldn't have, It doesn't make any sense.
Now, you need to change your modem. Flash nordic LSD, I was in Argentina the other day an roaming didn't work first, at night it settled.

If that doesn't work, flash the leak's modem, LS6.

Sent from the little guy
Ok, so I should flash this ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1544487 with ODIN, then root it and try to unlock it with galaxysimunlock right?

Let me know and Ill do it as soon as possible!
Thank!

gastonw
Old
Thanks Meter 1764

Quote:
Ok, so I should flash this ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1544487 with ODIN, then root it and try to unlock it with galaxysimunlock right?

Let me know and Ill do it as soon as possible!
Thank!
Yeah, flash that. You'll remain unlocked, no worries.

Sent from the little guy

cronosis7906
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Yeah, flash that. You'll remain unlocked, no worries.

Sent from the little guy
It didn´t work , Here´s what I did just to see if something´s wrong and thats why the unlock doesn´t work:

-Flashed this ROM I9100XWLSD (4.1.2)
-Then rooted it with PhilZ-cwm6-XWLSD-OXX-4.35-signed
-Downloaded and installed BusyBox (Stephen Stericson)
-Then installed galaxysim unlock

When I installed it I got a message saying this model has not been tested with this app, try it at your own risk. I clicked unlock, restarted it and got the same message: emergency calls only, and when I try to call it says "not registered in the network". I tried with a SIM card from another carrier and same thing, I`ll try tomorrow with another carrier and see what happens..

Is there a provider to unlock it internationally by IMEI even if I have to pay for it? Because I spend all day trying to find someone here to do it but they all use the same method you recommend me.

I really appreciate your help!!

gastonw
Old
Thanks Meter 1764
Quote:
It didn´t work , Here´s what I did just to see if something´s wrong and thats why the unlock doesn´t work:

-Flashed this ROM I9100XWLSD (4.1.2)
-Then rooted it with PhilZ-cwm6-XWLSD-OXX-4.35-signed
-Downloaded and installed BusyBox (Stephen Stericson)
-Then installed galaxysim unlock

When I installed it I got a message saying this model has not been tested with this app, try it at your own risk. I clicked unlock, restarted it and got the same message: emergency calls only, and when I try to call it says "not registered in the network". I tried with a SIM card from another carrier and same thing, I`ll try tomorrow with another carrier and see what happens..

Is there a provider to unlock it internationally by IMEI even if I have to pay for it? Because I spend all day trying to find someone here to do it but they all use the same method you recommend me.

I really appreciate your help!!
Wait a second, you don't need galaxysim unlock anymore. You are already unlocked.
What you need is a modem.

Here, flash this. (Extract and flash ONLY LS6 in PHONE section).
That's an international modem, should work.

And do me a favour, can you post some "Acerca del Dispositivo"'s screen shots?