Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Problem] How to recover Memo data from previous ROM?

OP Turisma

20th February 2014, 01:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi

I have Samsung Galaxy SII I-9100 with CyanogenMod now, but previously I had "brand" stock rom first, and then I install Jelly Bean clean version from Samsung, because my operator didn't release update.

Anyway - I had Jelly Bean and I wrote some Memos aka Notes in Memo app. I copied all files from Phone and from SD Card but I forget to do a normal backup.

I install new ROM based on KitKat without any Note or Memo app... I can't find my data with all memos in some cind of file.

Could you help me to get my Notes / Memos back via recovery or something???

Thanks in advance
20th February 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 301

941 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turisma

Hi

I have Samsung Galaxy SII I-9100 with CyanogenMod now, but previously I had "brand" stock rom first, and then I install Jelly Bean clean version from Samsung, because my operator didn't release update.

Anyway - I had Jelly Bean and I wrote some Memos aka Notes in Memo app. I copied all files from Phone and from SD Card but I forget to do a normal backup.

I install new ROM based on KitKat without any Note or Memo app... I can't find my data with all memos in some cind of file.

Thanks in advance

have u made a nandroid backup?then u can install that if in kitkat and use nandroid manager to restore
OR make nand backup of kitkat temperory move to previous backup make backup of your memo and return to kitkat
20th February 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #3  
Flag Bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 39

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turisma

Hi

Thanks in advance

If you have just copied files from Phone/SDCard, then there is no way to retrieve them back. The Memo app saves the notes in a proprietary format inside the application data folder. You should have taken a Nandroid backup before flashing any custom rom. That way we can try to restore data saved in the stock rom applications.
20th February 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Thank you so much.

Unfortunately I just copy all data from Phone and SD card to PC.

I just don't need anything besides photos and other media files... and of course notes I forgot...

I saw on YouTube that it should be folder com.xxx.xxx.memos or notes and there should be database but I don't have it.

I tried some recovery data programs on PC to find deleted files... ehh

Anyway thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread