Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,201 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problems after flashing my phone. Help!

Tip us?

anthraxcp
Old
(Last edited by anthraxcp; 21st April 2012 at 03:23 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Problems after flashing my phone. Help!

I have a bell Galaxy S2. Today I rooted it and after hours of confusion, I finally managed to install resurrection remix 4.04 ICS on my phone.

So far I've run into tons of issues:

1) No GPS
2) No wifi (stuck on 'obtaining IP address, unlikely that this is my network's fault)
3) No software buttons, so I can't multitask (have to use task killer to kill unused apps right now)
4) Rom Control crashes everytime I go into the Navigation bar page

The phone in it's current state is useable, but I will go back to stock settings if I can't fix these problems. Maybe there is a better ROM out there? Though I heard resurrection remix is the best one. Also, could it be that I installed the wrong kernel? The one I installed is:

CF-Root-SGS2_XX_XEO_LPQ-v5.3-CWM5

Can somebody help me out? Any tips would be appreciated.

EDIT: I just realized that USB connectivity (file transfer) doesn't work either - not even in clockwork menu!

Mv101
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthraxcp View Post
I have a bell Galaxy S2. Today I rooted it and after hours of confusion, I finally managed to install resurrection remix 4.04 ICS on my phone.

So far I've run into tons of issues:

1) No GPS
2) No wifi (stuck on 'obtaining IP address, unlikely that this is my network's fault)
3) No software buttons, so I can't multitask (have to use task killer to kill unused apps right now)
4) Rom Control crashes everytime I go into the Navigation bar page

The phone in it's current state is useable, but I will go back to stock settings if I can't fix these problems. Maybe there is a better ROM out there? Though I heard resurrection remix is the best one. Also, could it be that I installed the wrong kernel? The one I installed is:

CF-Root-SGS2_XX_XEO_LPQ-v5.3-CWM5

Can somebody help me out? Any tips would be appreciated.

EDIT: I just realized that USB connectivity (file transfer) doesn't work either - not even in clockwork menu!
Sounds like you might have flashed the wrong kernel for your phone.
did you first check what was the original kernel on your phone? acutally, run me through your root process so i can figure where you went wrong, because the Resurrection remix rom is just about perfect
SGS III GT-I9305T
Android CM10.2 - 4.3 JellyBean
Special thanks to Sentinel196 for this awesome ROM

anthraxcp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I know it was KG2 kernel originally. Don't remember the other numbers.

I'm now on a different kernel because when I used KG2, the phone wouldn't work at all (the buttons were screwy).

The process went something like this:

1. Rooted KG2 kernel installed

>Phone still works like before, but rooted

2. Put Res remix rom on my phone's storage

3. Go into clockwork recovery

4. Flash/Recovery

Format /system

Wipe Cache

5. Install ROM from SD card - twice (since the video I was watching told me to do it twice)

>Phone turns on but the buttons don't work so I can't navigate menus

6. Install CF-Root-SGS2_XX_XEO_LPQ-v5.3-CWM5

>Buttons sort of work now but lots of problems

>All of my old files/music are still on the phone despite all that format/recovery stuff. Is that normal?

Now when I try to install KG2 kernel phone doesn't even turn on. If it helps, the phone currently tells me the baseband is I9100MUGKG2

Mv101
Old
Thanks Meter 8
k, yep you missed the gapps install. did you make a backup in CMW recovery before you flashed remix?
SGS III GT-I9305T

anthraxcp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mv101 View Post
k, yep you missed the gapps install. did you make a backup in CMW recovery before you flashed remix?
*lowers head in shame*

Nope. But if I understand correctly gapps is just the google stuff (maps, gmail, etc) but that all works fine for me.

ZACQ8
Old
(Last edited by ZACQ8; 21st April 2012 at 06:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 540

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

5. Install ROM from SD card - twice (since the video I was watching told me to do it twice)

>Phone turns on but the buttons don't work so I can't navigate menus

6. Install CF-Root-SGS2_XX_XEO_LPQ-v5.3-CWM5

Now when I try to install KG2 kernel phone doesn't even turn on. If it helps, the phone currently tells me the baseband is I9100MUGKG2
whats wrong with you brother? installing CF-root on an AOKP rom???? CF-root is matched with the Kernel not with the Baseband.

Yourself dont know what is being flased on what.....did you make sure of your model before flashing there are many S2s I9100 /I9100G / I9100M / 9100T many more...

please read all the instrction first before attempting anything my friend...There is no substitute for reading and learning for comprehension .it is not like that any thing can be applied on anything.
LOVE FOR ALL HATRED FOR NONE

Mine : Ph: SGS4 (OLD BL); ROM: latest SHOStock 4.4.2 + Jeboo's Z-pached Kernel

Wife's : Ph: SXZ1 (6903) Locked BL ROM : NUT's 14.2.A.1.136 [Root & XZDR][LB/UB]

kilometers4
Old
(Last edited by kilometers4; 21st April 2012 at 07:15 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2881

DONATE TO ME
I have a bell s2 and i did this

Google: how to root galaxy s2 kg2. Use the one that comes up. Will show the right cf root.tar to flash through odin

Follow these steps to the T
http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-i...tep-guide.html

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Mv101
Old
Thanks Meter 8
ooh you messed up real good! think you need to flash the insecure kg2 kernel through odin again
SGS III GT-I9305T

anthraxcp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACQ8 View Post
whats wrong with you brother? installing CF-root on an AOKP rom???? CF-root is matched with the Kernel not with the Baseband.

Yourself dont know what is being flased on what.....did you make sure of your model before flashing there are many S2s I9100 /I9100G / I9100M / 9100T many more...

please read all the instrction first before attempting anything my friend...There is no substitute for reading and learning for comprehension .it is not like that any thing can be applied on anything.
It's the I9100M (bell) and the Kernel before I started was KG2. I already mentioned this.

@kilometers4 that's the exact kernel I tried the first time (from that tutorial) but it didn't work.

ZACQ8
Old
Thanks Meter 540

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
It's the I9100M (bell) and the Kernel before I started was KG2. I already mentioned this.

@kilometers4 that's the exact kernel I tried the first time (from that tutorial) but it didn't work.
yes it was before, but when you flashed Reserection Remix you got Cyanogenmod Kernel...
LOVE FOR ALL HATRED FOR NONE

Mine : Ph: SGS4 (OLD BL); ROM: latest SHOStock 4.4.2 + Jeboo's Z-pached Kernel

Wife's : Ph: SXZ1 (6903) Locked BL ROM : NUT's 14.2.A.1.136 [Root & XZDR][LB/UB]