Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,868 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problems after flashing my phone. Help!

Tip us?

anthraxcp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACQ8 View Post
yes it was before, but when you flashed Reserection Remix you got Cyanogenmod Kernel...
Ok, some good news.

I installed the CF-ROOT KG2 kernel.

I went into recovery, formatted/wiped everything that needs to be done. (Then USB connectivity began to work!) so I put a 2.3 Cyanogen Mod on there and now everything seems to work (USB, WIFI) except for the home button. I still can't exit out of applications.

ZACQ8
Old
Thanks Meter 540

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthraxcp View Post
Ok, some good news.

I installed the CF-ROOT KG2 kernel.

I went into recovery, formatted/wiped everything that needs to be done. (Then USB connectivity began to work!) so I put a 2.3 Cyanogen Mod on there and now everything seems to work (USB, WIFI) except for the home button. I still can't exit out of applications.
I dont understand what are you doing, it is your phone and up to you...do any experiments you want...

but dont ask for support when you get into deep treble with your stupidity doing without reading and knowing.

CF-root will not work with AOKP roms.
LOVE FOR ALL HATRED FOR NONE

Mine : Ph: SGS4 (OLD BL); ROM: latest SHOStock 4.4.2 + Jeboo's Z-pached Kernel

Wife's : Ph: SXZ1 (6903) Locked BL ROM : NUT's 14.2.A.1.136 [Root & XZDR][LB/UB]

anthraxcp
Old
(Last edited by anthraxcp; 21st April 2012 at 02:04 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I dont understand what are you doing, it is your phone and up to you...do any experiments you want...

but dont ask for support when you get into deep treble with your stupidity doing without reading and knowing.

CF-root will not work with AOKP roms.
Yes but I can't find any other rooted kernels out there that will work for my phone. I've googled it but all the GS2 rood/mod tutorials I've seen use CF-Root.

If you can let me know what kernel or rom to install that would be great. I'm not going to touch my phone until I figure out what to do.

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4416
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthraxcp View Post
Yes but I can't find any other rooted kernels out there that will work for my phone. I've googled it but all the GS2 rood/mod tutorials I've seen use CF-Root.

If you can let me know what kernel or rom to install that would be great. I'm not going to touch my phone until I figure out what to do.

Why not start with a working phone + a nandroid backup before you start playing with roms .

Stock rom + CWM and root kernel = Nandroid backup .

If CM does not work then read the CM thread faqs and instructions .

jje

ZACQ8
Old
Thanks Meter 540

DONATE TO ME
first of all get into reserection remix thread and ask whether this ROM supported for I9100M or not, if yes ask somebody can provide CWM flashable CM9 kernel (if it is the original kernel of your rom) then flash from CWM and try..
LOVE FOR ALL HATRED FOR NONE

Mine : Ph: SGS4 (OLD BL); ROM: latest SHOStock 4.4.2 + Jeboo's Z-pached Kernel

Wife's : Ph: SXZ1 (6903) Locked BL ROM : NUT's 14.2.A.1.136 [Root & XZDR][LB/UB]

kilometers4
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2881

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
first of all get into reserection remix thread and ask whether this ROM supported for I9100M or not, if yes ask somebody can provide CWM flashable CM9 kernel (if it is the original kernel of your rom) then flash from CWM and try..
It does work with 9100M.. I have the same phone and am running v1.4 flawlessly

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA