Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,988 Members 45,380 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] process com.android.systemui has stopped

Tip us?

abbood
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default could it be a specific application?

debugging progress: i noticed that it's not installing *any* app that causes this task bar thing disappearing (at least not in my case):

i restored my phone to factory default.. then i disabled my automatic restore and defaults. then i installed only one app from my very long list of apps. (for some reason i had to do it from my 3g connection and not wifi.. but that's a different problem)..

anyways i installed it and it worked just fine! i restarted my phone just to make sure and the task bar is still there!

i'm gonna go through my apps ans install them one by one.. i know it's a painstaking process but hey i gotta give back to the android community

A

Mamikos
Old
Thanks Meter 1
A trick I used in a similar situation was the following :

Use Titanium Backup. U make a backup of the application that has the problem. Then u wipe the data of this application and then u restore the data.
For me that trick miraculoussly solved that problem ...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1162680

hlaja
Old
(Last edited by hlaja; 15th August 2011 at 08:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Had the same problem with not working phone/contacts, freezing like "process com.android.phone - Force Close" etc.
I realized the error happens only after upgrading for example to KG, than after a short period making a backup of the whole system, downgrading to KF, then restoring with Titanium Backup.

It restores the whole system, including settings, and accounts and so on. This might be the problem. It seems nobody realized that the MODEM and PHONE is upgraded too, so there might be some components not compatible with earlier versions.

Solution: restore only user apps & data, not the system settings. Use a separate app for SMS, call logs, contacts or calendar. Do a cache wipe and then a fact reset from MENU+UP+POWER (restore menu), then reinstall your choice of firmware, restore user apps&data with Titanium or anything preferred, then enter/restore everything else manually. No problem when upgrading.

Tested, had 3 sleepless nights, but works for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to hlaja For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dslom001
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Noob in need of androidized kindle help!

Hey ya'll,

I just rooted and downloaded ics4 onto my kindle. It was working great all day and I used the gba emulator for android and everything.
Now, for some reason I keep getting the error "unfortunately, system UI has stopped working".The tool bar on the bottom of the screen with the home and back buttons aren't even there anymore. I have rebooted and gone into TWRP and done a system reboot and everything yet that keeps happening. Why do you think that is ?

einverne
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy caused by Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaja View Post
Had the same problem with not working phone/contacts, freezing like "process com.android.phone - Force Close" etc.
I realized the error happens only after upgrading for example to KG, than after a short period making a backup of the whole system, downgrading to KF, then restoring with Titanium Backup.

It restores the whole system, including settings, and accounts and so on. This might be the problem. It seems nobody realized that the MODEM and PHONE is upgraded too, so there might be some components not compatible with earlier versions.

Solution: restore only user apps & data, not the system settings. Use a separate app for SMS, call logs, contacts or calendar. Do a cache wipe and then a fact reset from MENU+UP+POWER (restore menu), then reinstall your choice of firmware, restore user apps&data with Titanium or anything preferred, then enter/restore everything else manually. No problem when upgrading.

Tested, had 3 sleepless nights, but works for me.
I am sure the problem caused by restore system data by Titanium. I have tried four times today. Factory reset and flash and restore. Only when I restore system data caused this problem.

keithross39
Old
(Last edited by keithross39; 13th May 2014 at 06:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1190
Why resurrect a two year old thread?
For information, restoring apps WILL NOT cause instability......restoring data ESPECIALLY data from system apps WILL.
RULE OF THUMB......
If you are upgrading your android OS (eg...ICS to JB).....
DO NOT restore system app data....ever
For user apps....if the app runs as soon as you open it, you *should* be ok to re-install the data.
If the app requires the downloading of 'additional files' on first run, DO NOT re-install as this data is likely to be OS version specific......

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right

i9o
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Due to an update of an Xposed module, I had badly corrupted my systemui. The phone was totally unusable, and I could only press the OK button notifying the stopped event at startup.
Lucky me, I still had not updated to 4.4.3. Via Skipsoft Android Toolkit I updated to the last Android release, and my systemui got fixed. I did not choose to do a complete wipe, so I actually maintained my previous apps. In relation to root, I did not loose it, but I had to reinstall SuperSU to get the non-official apps working again.
I hope this helps somebody else in my same condition, with no need to do a system wipe!