[Q&A] [ROM] [DISCUSSION] Official CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies [4.4.4] [GT-I9100]

Search This thread

blue16v

Feb 3, 2015
Ok, 20150705 running really smooth and nice but lost su permissions. What to do now ?

Edit: problem solved

Last edited:
Reactions: Selek

Selek

Mar 3, 2013
Yes, blue16v provided me with a link. Thanks!

[edit] So, apparently push notifications don't work anymore now. I have to open the app itself to get new messages, e.g. Whatsapp. What can I do to fix this? "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" is set to always.

[edit 2] The problem disappeared. I didn't really do anything, it just works now. Strange stuff, but as long as it works now :)

Last edited:

Chucky89

Jul 16, 2015
Hello,

just registered to look up if the current nightly is "stable" e.g. save to use, because it feels kind of slow and it crashed once today while playing some music.

Can you tell if this is a general problem with cm12? Because if so I will try the last cm11 nightly that you so generously posted here :) Really sad there is no snapshot or stable release of 11 for the S2.

Greetz

Last edited:

Selek

Mar 3, 2013
I am using CM 12 on my day-to-day phone and it is quite stable for me. Crashes occur, but only rarely. The CM 11 nightlies crashed more for me. The performance also is great, considering how old the hardware is.

coyazuu

Jan 8, 2011
Downgrading from CM 12.1 Nightly to CM 11 Nightly

Hello,
I've downloaded an install the nightly of CyanogenMod 12.1 (16-07-2015) on my I9100. The recovery was updated. I kept the stock kernel.

However I don't feel it very stable on my phone. Is it possible to downgrad to the last nightly of CM 11, with the classic method in recovery: wipe data+install CM+install gapps?

Thanks

LordofKK

Jul 28, 2015
I want to download latest CM11 Build from the official CM Site but getting a 404 error?! Is there another way to download latest Build?
@coyazuu
yes, that's possible.

Last edited:

mcalvete

Aug 18, 2015
Hello,
I just flashed last unnoficial CM11 from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=62368170&postcount=3471 made by @thunder45 , with all Stagefright patches included.
The ROM is fine, but the font size for all the phone is very small and main menu shows a 5x6 element grid. I know that I can enlarge font size, but I can't get the same look&feel from official build.
Can anyone who flashed this ROM confirm if they have a normal fontsize? Maybe it's a bug and can be fixed in netx build.
Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello I'm on a stock rom, it is possible to play games (especially real racing 3) whit cm11 or it has problems?
    You can play it without problems.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Is HDR available on our phones? I don't seem to see the option in both the stock and Google cameras...
    No, it's not available. I don't know if you have hdr with other app, such as a better camera.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

You've done a great job but I am having trouble installing Gapps as they said I have insufficient space. How can I increase my space
    Just try to flash pa gapps pico (Play Store, Google Play Services), putting your favorite google apps from Play Store.
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934517131
    Hi, since I installed the 20141115-SNAPSHOT-M12-i9100, my alarm clock is going crazy. It behaves very erratically in that it only sometimes registers a new alarm. And when I enable/disable an alarm it switches many times from active to inactive by itself. Sometimes for many minutes. The status bar alarm sign appears and disappears many times as well. If it "stabilises", opening the Clock let the flickering start again. Force closing, disabling the Clock, removing the cache and reenabling didn't solve anything, rebooting didn't as well.

Is this a known bug? Is there a way to fix it?

Its not a bug :p !!
    This basically happens because of external applications.. So check if any widget is responsible for toggling alarm on !!
    If not then check for any events in calendar, Pandora etc applications which might trigger alarm.
    If still you're not able to solve this then Uninstall apps one by one eventually to find the BLACK SHEEP responsible ;) !!
    Hello Friends,

I just registered to XDA today. Let me introduce myself. I am Jahabar Sadiq from Chennai. I am a software professional.

So my problem...

I have Samsung Galaxy S II. It was came with ICS when I bought it on October 2012. Later I upgraded it to Jelly Bean (4.1.2) via Kies.

I know that there is no further upgrade to Samsung Galaxy S II. So I want to upgrade it to Kitkat. I just rooted it through ODIN. The Jelly Bean details are as follows.

Model Number: GT-I9100
    Android Version: 4.1.2
    Kernal Version: 3.0.31-Siyah-s2-v6.0b4+gm@ubuntu #57 SMP PREEMPT Wed Dec 26 06:52:48 PST 2012
    Build Number: JZO54K.I9100XWLST

My CWM Version is v6.0.1.2-SIyah

I read from http : // galaxys2root . com / galaxy-s2-roms / how-to-install-android-4-4-kitkat-rom-on-galaxy-s2-gt-i9100sgh-i777/ that I need to have CWM Recovery v6.0.4.3 or higher in order to upgrade to Kitkat. I tried downloading the zip file from http :// galaxys2root . com / cwmtwrp-recovery/ by booting my device in recovery mode and using Install from Zip option.

After installing, my device didn't got rebooted in normal mode but only in recovery and download mode. So, I again used ODIN to get it back to v6.0.1.2 and now it is working fine.

What should I do to upgrade it to Kitkat or where I am doing mistake in the procedure? Please help me.

Thanks and Regards,
    Jahabar Sadiq

Respected bro, just go to the thread neatrom aosp 8.0 check its installation procedure, there r links given for downloading cwm, rom and gapps.
    Hope this will help u n answer all ur questions.
    Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

Here's the link
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49255556

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    In Settings/Sound i have a Dock section with two things, Audio and Dock insert sound.
    The Audio thing is grey, i can't change it even if the phone is in the dock.

I never have had a dock so I can't help you but try to set the phone when is inserted
    Hey, I'm having the same problem, how did you solve it?

Have you tried flashing SuperSU again?