[Q&A] [ROM][5.0.2][03-03-2015] SlimLP Beta#2 [Linaro 4.8][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

maniknarang

Sep 1, 2013
San Diego
Registered just to say thank You @warrior1208 rom is great! i tested the CM first and it was a disaster i lost my IMEI! and phone was rebooting all the time. Your rom works perfectly. I have same issues like all others (PUK,can't send sms, no home button wake, no app switcher, some minor problems with internet connection (3G)).
Really stable build. Looking forward to new builds!

Thanks for your review. I have fixed all of the stuff that you've mentioned. Just giving a shot at the HW Overlays. Once that is fixed, I'll upload a new build.
Regards! ;)

Reactions: JimboAccy

mjoralde

Dec 18, 2014
hi! just a noob question. do I have to wipe my data again to update my rom when you release a new version? thanks

and suggestion, I think people should remove pin code security of their sim card before flashing to this rom or they will PUK their sim cards :D

giuppi76

May 7, 2015
Can't find Slim features

Installed Beta#7 (26-04-2015), everything works fine but can't find any of the Slim features:
Slim Center
Slim Launcher
Slim File Manager
Slim Heads Up
The Real Dark Slim User Interface
SlimPIE

Where do I find them? Thanks.

maniknarang

Sep 1, 2013
San Diego
Installed Beta#7 (26-04-2015), everything works fine but can't find any of the Slim features:
Slim Center
Slim Launcher
Slim File Manager
Slim Heads Up
The Real Dark Slim User Interface
SlimPIE

Where do I find them? Thanks.

TRDS comes soon. SlimLauncher is the default one which you're using. SlimCenter is to be updated to 5.1.1. Heads up is active by default.

giuppi76

May 7, 2015
TRDS comes soon. SlimLauncher is the default one which you're using. SlimCenter is to be updated to 5.1.1. Heads up is active by default.

Thanks! I'll be waiting for SlimCenter 5.1.1. as I'm sure many of the other missing features will be there.

What about:
- Lockscreen widgets
- Quick settings
- mapping hardware keys

Also, how to see the recent apps?

trenchcoatman

Apr 30, 2015
PWM ?

@warrior1208
- I missed the Real Dark Skin.
- The Display is to bright in the lowest Value. Sure, i can use a 3rd-brand-app to adjust this, but i want use without that.
- Is it possible that all Phones with loollipop works with the PWM (Puls Wide Modulation) to save Batterylife ? More an more Display have built in this technology. Depending on frequency-rate, sometimes i can see "flickering"

Saber

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Xiaomi Poco F3
@warrior1208
- I missed the Real Dark Skin.
- The Display is to bright in the lowest Value. Sure, i can use a 3rd-brand-app to adjust this, but i want use without that.
- Is it possible that all Phones with loollipop works with the PWM (Puls Wide Modulation) to save Batterylife ? More an more Display have built in this technology. Depending on frequency-rate, sometimes i can see "flickering"
I don't think the s2 has the feature (PWM)

Hellcube

May 4, 2015
WIll You update SlimLP - Beta#8 today? i don't know if i should wait or try to revers my rom to beta #7 or go try Paranoid Android - Beta#3?

Last edited:

RtGh43

Jan 26, 2014
no addiotional features

I flashed the ROM correctly on my S2 but got no features named in post 2: No SlimCenter, No darkmode, etc.
Did a complete new install, problem stays the same.
Used beta 7.

What could cause this problem?

Hellcube

May 4, 2015
I know Beta #8 is out i have used it and i can't pass PIN (no OK button). That's why i ask if You will make a new version like beta#9 where this issue is fixed?

Hellcube

May 4, 2015
Ok. i have a new card and i switched off pin security
deviceguides .vodafone. ie/web/samsung-galaxy-s5/basic-use/security-codes/turn-use-of-pin-on-or-off/

When are you planing to pullout a new version?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, so I have added some of the things that you've mentioned.
    I have added the Heads Up customizations. Also, I have set SELinux to permissive, which fixes the front camera.
    Now, trying to fix the charging animation when the phone is switched off.
    Regards
    Hi @warrior1208
    I would like to thank you first for developing such great ROM which work almost the best right now on my phone. :D

Question:
    Any recomendations for kernel to use for this ROM? (other than apolo)
    Because I used CWM Kitkat Compatible for flashing this ROM (which I forgot where I get it from) instead using kernel that you provided (after I flashed philz kernel, I still can flash the SlimLP ROM beta 12. But, the real problem is when I restarted my phone, it shows nothing but black untouchable screen after samsung logo.) :s
    And.. Is @Lanchon fpbug/trim kernel seems to be working for this ROM?

The problem I had right now while using beta 12 is:
    -Can't flash Slim_zero_gapps.BETA.5.1.build.0.x-20150702.zip (status 7 on any kernel like slimlp and cwm kitkat). So I'm using gapps minimal edition.
    I would really like to taste this zero gapps with SlimLP :)

-No file manager at all :crying:
    -Gallery settings shows nothing but black screen

-Phone freezes while
    1. browsing for half hour
    2. playing 2D games
    And sometimes social apps stopped working while playing games (maybe the games took so much memory?)

Just say'in:
    -Hope you added internet speed meter on status bar instead using 3rd party apps (with customizeable log)
    -Added customizeable icon arrangement (with folder creating supported) in apps screen instead using sort by name, etc.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance
    Otherwise great ROM you made there :laugh: I love it!

Hey,
    I will re-add the file manager. Would also update the layers. We are actually using layers 2.1 while there have been updates upto layers 4.0. Also, @gsstudios will try to compile Dorimanx kernel for SlimLP after I provide him with the ramdisk later today. Will also fix that offline charging animation glitch. So, that pretty much covers what we all need in/from the next update. I'll check if I can fix that gallery bug.
    Soon...
    Regards. :)
    Puk code solution

For those of you who are having problems with the sim lock / puk bug you can try the following that worked for me :

1) turn your phone on as usual
    2) while on the screen where it ask for the sim pin/puk code tap the "emergency calls" button on the bottom of the screen, this should open the phone dialer
    3) on this dialer input the following : **05*puk*new-pin*confirm-pin#
    just after you press # the phone should automaticly unlock and now it works as it should (worked for me)
    is there no taksmanager in Beta#6?

I'm on it. Stay tuned!
    Regards! :)
    ...'with 'normal' gapps. I guess it didn't work :(
    GT-i9100

Use Mini GApps for the ROM to boot. Lollipop ROMs require a lot of storage on your phone. Hence, you can either use a pit file in order to flash a big sized GApps, or you can flash Mini GApps package and install all other packages from the Play Store whenever you need them.
    Regards. :)