Question about Internal memory, MTP and usb storage

Tip us?

shakta
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question Question about Internal memory, MTP and usb storage

Hi,

I know that in i9000 (Galaxy s1) running 2.3.5, if you wipe data, or flashing a rom - The system is wiped, and the big DATA partition isn't wiped.
Another fact is - that the internal memort can be full due lots of apps etc.

My question is:
Is this issue been changed in one of the 4.x versions? Is it true that in 4.x if internal memory is full, then data goes automatically to internal sd memory?

Thanks!

Sun90
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8575
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakta View Post
Hi,

I know that in i9000 (Galaxy s1) running 2.3.5, if you wipe data, or flashing a rom - The system is wiped, and the big DATA partition isn't wiped.
Another fact is - that the internal memort can be full due lots of apps etc.

My question is:
Is this issue been changed in one of the 4.x versions? Is it true that in 4.x if internal memory is full, then data goes automatically to internal sd memory?

Thanks!
AFAIK there is no such automatic overflow to internal sdcard 9the 11.5gb) when internal memory (the 2gb) is full on 4.x roms, but some 4.x custom roms does support 'Apps2sd' feature, which u can try

shakta
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun90 View Post
AFAIK there is no such automatic overflow to internal sdcard 9the 11.5gb) when internal memory (the 2gb) is full on 4.x roms, but some 4.x custom roms does support 'Apps2sd' feature, which u can try
Thanks.

So what you say that i9300 that running stock roms, might be in a situation where device show "memory is full", when Internal SD is had lots of free space?
I am talking about the well known issue with memory partitions...

Cause I have been told that MTP method had fixed/changed it.

About App2SD, I know this trick, but what I'm asking is if it is still neccassatt in new devices/new version (i9300, i9500 etc)

Tnx!