Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Random reboot or phone turning off with over heating

OP santhosh502

15th August 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 4

43 posts
More
Hi guys. Im using the international version of GS2. My problem is that my phone switches off suddenly with over heating or reboots randomly. I have used different ROMs and found this problem persisting. I cleared everything from my phone, used tools like GS2ROM nuke and GS2ROM Wipe but still this problem is there. I read a post saying battery may be faulty and replaced my battery even. But no luck. I found that the over heating and switching off occurs only when screen is off. During continuous usage, it is more or less fine. (except for occasional random reboots). also, this is always random. it doesnt make any sense. i even checked the hardwares of my phone in the service centre and he says the hardware is fine. Pls help me guys. Im going mad..
16th August 2014, 10:45 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Coimbatore

43 posts
More
Somebody help me pls.. I think its a serious issue..
16th August 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 7

229 posts
More
same problems here...
An answer would be nice!
17th August 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Coimbatore

43 posts
More
Guys its driving me crazy. I cant use it at all.. It gets heated up and turning off or reboots randomly.
17th August 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

229 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh502

Guys its driving me crazy. I cant use it at all.. It gets heated up and turning off or reboots randomly.

I guess that could be a solution:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...drain-t1814466
17th August 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Coimbatore

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theares2014

I guess that could be a solution:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...drain-t1814466

No bud. Not working. How about you?
17th August 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Coimbatore

43 posts
More
I am a huge fan of custom roms and have flashed many of them, it was all fine before. but suddenly, this problem was omni-present in all roms. So i flashed the stock ROM version 4.1.2 (INDIA- XWLST) via mobile odin. it booted well after wiping cache and factory reset and was fine for a couple hours. After that the problem got massive. phone will restart or turn off when in screen-off. This continues even now in stock ROM. I tried everything from wiping cache, factory reset, dalvik cache wipe, fixing permissions and everything. But no results. THE MOST BIZZARE THING IS THAT PHONE IS FINE WHEN SCREEN IS ON. I experimented by keeping the screen on for an hour and nothing happened. THE MOMENT I PRESSED THE LOCK BUTTON, IT RESTARTS. Im going mad guys.. someone help meee..

EDIT: I think there's nothing wrong with the power button because it works well in all other places. If i remove the battery and reboot, I get a few seconds where i can lock and unlock screen. But again, it starts.
Last edited by santhosh502; 17th August 2014 at 07:55 PM.
18th August 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Coimbatore

43 posts
More
No can do guys???? there's no way to make my phone alright???

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread