Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 40,362 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No reception/service on SGSII on beanstalk 4.4.2

Tip us?

Al-Dazzlez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] No reception/service on SGSII on beanstalk 4.4.2

Hi All!

sorry if this thread is a repeat of another somewhere else on the interwebs, but after thorough searching for a few days I could not find a solution or even a similar problem.
(oh and sorry if my question is a little weirdly-put, an xda newb in the flesh, and my first post )

In brief, I had recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 from overseas, but as i was overseas I had no sim card and the phone was in aeroplane mode for about a month and a half. while overseas I had flashed many kernels and ROMs, but when I arrived home a few days ago, I had realised my phone wasn't receiving service or reception. at the time I was running a carbon ROM nightly (android 4.3.1), now I have switched over to beanstalk 4.4.2, and I am receiving the same issue, and when I try to flash a different modem/radio in CWM, it always appears with either "error with zip" or "status 7".
When I type *#*#4643#*#* and try to turn the radio on and off, the radio does not turn on or off!
Also; sometimes after boot the carrier name would show up as "YES OPTUS" but no reception, and when I try to make calls its either "please "Turn aeroplane mode off" or "Network is unavailable"
I have changed my sim card with a new one and had fully recharged it too, but on other phones it works, on mine it does not.
so my questions are:
1) What would be the cause of the issue?
2) What would be the best way to solve it?
3) Could it be because i bought it from another country?
4) Could it be a hardware problem?

Phone Specs:
BaseBand version : I9100XXLPW
Android Version : 4.4.2
CWM : v6.0.4.5
Beanstalk Version : Beanstalk-4.4.200-20131222-i9100

Thanks in advance for anyone with any help !!!
And sorry again for the newbiness...this is my first post in my life so you may understand the confusion
Good Day!

Christiaan91
Old
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-Dazzlez View Post
Hi All!

sorry if this thread is a repeat of another somewhere else on the interwebs, but after thorough searching for a few days I could not find a solution or even a similar problem.
(oh and sorry if my question is a little weirdly-put, an xda newb in the flesh, and my first post )

In brief, I had recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 from overseas, but as i was overseas I had no sim card and the phone was in aeroplane mode for about a month and a half. while overseas I had flashed many kernels and ROMs, but when I arrived home a few days ago, I had realised my phone wasn't receiving service or reception. at the time I was running a carbon ROM nightly (android 4.3.1), now I have switched over to beanstalk 4.4.2, and I am receiving the same issue, and when I try to flash a different modem/radio in CWM, it always appears with either "error with zip" or "status 7".
When I type *#*#4643#*#* and try to turn the radio on and off, the radio does not turn on or off!
Also; sometimes after boot the carrier name would show up as "YES OPTUS" but no reception, and when I try to make calls its either "please "Turn aeroplane mode off" or "Network is unavailable"
I have changed my sim card with a new one and had fully recharged it too, but on other phones it works, on mine it does not.
so my questions are:
1) What would be the cause of the issue?
2) What would be the best way to solve it?
3) Could it be because i bought it from another country?
4) Could it be a hardware problem?

Phone Specs:
BaseBand version : I9100XXLPW
Android Version : 4.4.2
CWM : v6.0.4.5
Beanstalk Version : Beanstalk-4.4.200-20131222-i9100

Thanks in advance for anyone with any help !!!
And sorry again for the newbiness...this is my first post in my life so you may understand the confusion
Good Day!
Is the IMEI your problem? Recover IMEI
Search and read before asking questions!

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II I9100
Rom: SlimKat (SlimSaber)
Kernel: Apolo light
Runtime: ART
DPI: 182

Previous phones:
HTC Touch Pro2 (windows phone running android)
Sony Ericsson k770i
Sony Ericsson k700
Sony Ericsson T105
Nokia 3310
Nokia 6310

Al-Dazzlez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiaan91 View Post
Is the IMEI your problem? Recover IMEI
How Can I tell? o.O

Christiaan91
Old
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
How Can I tell? o.O
Sorry had to explain that of course.
Go to settings - about phone - status and look for IMEI.
If it's empty or showing 004999010640000 it's wrong and restore your EFS back-up or go to the thread to try recover your IMEI and hope it helps.

Previous phones:
Sony Ericsson k770i
Sony Ericsson k700
Sony Ericsson T105
Nokia 3310
Nokia 6310
The Following User Says Thank You to Christiaan91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Al-Dazzlez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Sorry had to explain that of course.
Go to settings - about phone - status and look for IMEI.
If it's empty or showing 004999010640000 it's wrong and restore your EFS back-up or go to the thread to try recover your IMEI and hope it helps.
Thank you so much, and yes that helped, (i hope i didint talk too much)
but just a question if i may,
where can i find an original gingerbread or jelly bean ofw for my phone? every time i flash one,
i get stuck in a boot loop, and after applying all available fixes...no help
if you can help my with a link that would be helpful for future advancements because i have one on my pc but its buggy as hell and half currpted (i only use it to do a full recover and re-root and all that stuff)

Christiaan91
Old
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thank you so much, and yes that helped, (i hope i didint talk too much)
but just a question if i may,
where can i find an original gingerbread or jelly bean ofw for my phone? every time i flash one,
i get stuck in a boot loop, and after applying all available fixes...no help
if you can help my with a link that would be helpful for future advancements because i have one on my pc but its buggy as hell and half currpted (i only use it to do a full recover and re-root and all that stuff)
Official firmware Post 2 is the guide and post 3 are the official firmwares. Look what firmware you need and google for a download link.
You do all the steps before flashing a new rom? Wiping and formatting data, caches and system?

Previous phones:
Sony Ericsson k770i
Sony Ericsson k700
Sony Ericsson T105
Nokia 3310
Nokia 6310

Al-Dazzlez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Official firmware Post 2 is the guide and post 3 are the official firmwares. Look what firmware you need and google for a download link.
You do all the steps before flashing a new rom? Wiping and formatting data, caches and system?
Yup, i did all the steps properly, but meh, on the other hand; your link was sooooo helpful, at least now i have a choice of codes as well.
thank you so much, i thought my questions would be left un aswered..(btw did i post in right section?.....common sense told me so but i wanted to be sure )

Christiaan91
Old
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yup, i did all the steps properly, but meh, on the other hand; your link was sooooo helpful, at least now i have a choice of codes as well.
thank you so much, i thought my questions would be left un aswered..(btw did i post in right section?.....common sense told me so but i wanted to be sure )
Yes this is the right section.

Previous phones:
Sony Ericsson k770i
Sony Ericsson k700
Sony Ericsson T105
Nokia 3310
Nokia 6310