FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

recommendations for stable, lightweight KK rom

19th August 2014, 08:56 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I'm looking for a stable KitKat rom on s2. have tried slim (stable) and carbon (nightly) but both seem to lag, FC and/or RR. Can you recommend me some or is it better to switch back to JB? Is the battery drain on KK always higher than on a stable JB?
 
 
19th August 2014, 09:17 AM |#2  
@SidDev's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 276
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tufighter

I'm looking for a stable KitKat rom on s2. have tried slim (stable) and carbon (nightly) but both seem to lag, FC and/or RR. Can you recommend me some or is it better to switch back to JB? Is the battery drain on KK always higher than on a stable JB?

battery backup is better in kk
did you try CyanogenMod?
19th August 2014, 10:16 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by @SidDev

battery backup is better in kk
did you try CyanogenMod?

not yet, my thoughts are: the bigger the rom, the more probable it is, that it consumes more battery. Slimrom seemed to be the smallest rom I found so far for s2. But I know I should try KK since it replaced Dalvik with ART. Nonetheless I might give CyanogenMod a try. Should I go with the M-builds, since there is no stable release since 4.2.2?
19th August 2014, 11:35 AM |#4  
@SidDev's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 276
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tufighter

not yet, my thoughts are: the bigger the rom, the more probable it is, that it consumes more battery. Slimrom seemed to be the smallest rom I found so far for s2. But I know I should try KK since it replaced Dalvik with ART. Nonetheless I might give CyanogenMod a try. Should I go with the M-builds, since there is no stable release since 4.2.2?

try cm and kk has art which is superb in performance
19th August 2014, 07:55 PM |#5  
verny94's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kladno
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tufighter

I'm looking for a stable KitKat rom on s2. have tried slim (stable) and carbon (nightly) but both seem to lag, FC and/or RR. Can you recommend me some or is it better to switch back to JB? Is the battery drain on KK always higher than on a stable JB?

Best or recomended ROM its not allowed on XDA.
19th August 2014, 08:12 PM |#6  
Whiskey103's Avatar
Forum Moderator/Recognized Themer/Recognized Developer/Portal Supporter
Flag Tell me, Iím lost . . .
Thanks Meter: 12,848
 
Donate to Me
More
Please dont ask for "best ROM" as stated above its not allowed on xda.
Just try a few and decide for yourself.

Thread closed.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes