Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,938 Members 49,437 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

JHLS2 Modem [MISSING.. (probably dead!)]..[SOLVED]

Tip us?

PresidentCarter
Old
(Last edited by PresidentCarter; 15th March 2014 at 01:02 PM.) Reason: SOLVED
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default JHLS2 Modem [MISSING.. (probably dead!)]..[SOLVED]

Hi guys, does anyone have jhls2 modem for s2 by chance?
I've been looking everywhere for it and I can't seem to find it,
It's the only modem left for my region that i haven't tried, the others really Suck!

Thanks in advance.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
Find the rom it's bundled with (Samfirmware/AndroidFirmwares.net/Samsung-Updates.com), download the rom, extract the modem.bin file, flash with Odin in phone section. Might be quicker than hoping who has the modem seeing your thread (understatement).
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PresidentCarter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default DONE!

thanks man, i found it in samfirmwares somewhere, did as you said, aaaaand its working.
I uploaded the modem here in case anyone was looking for it, cheers .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-15-13-41-14.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	2631865  
Attached Files
File Type: rar modem.rar - [Click for QR Code] (3.90 MB, 6 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to PresidentCarter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MistahBungle
Old
(Last edited by MistahBungle; 15th March 2014 at 02:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3,206
Good man Well done on getting it done yourself, and good job uploading it to this thread for future reference

Edit to add - Also for future reference/anyone else who reads this thread, once you've got the modem.bin file out of the stock rom, you can also take any CWM flashable modem package you have laying around, take the existing modem.bin file out of that, and swap in the modem.bin you pulled out of the stock rom. That way you can bypass Odin & flash with CWM as per usual if you prefer. Either way works just fine.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PresidentCarter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
here is a CWM flashable JHLS2 modem. and for those who are interested, yes its better than any other for Orange-IL.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Modem_JHLS2-CWM.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.65 MB, 5 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to PresidentCarter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]