Recovery Modus is not working

Search This thread

ioglnx

Nov 13, 2008
Hello,

I have the following issue:

When I try to start the Samsung Galaxy S2 into the recovery mode with Volume Up + Power
it won't start. The samsung starts shows just Samsung Galaxy II boot screen.

If I release the buttons it goes of and on again and then trying to boot but there i have a boot loop
The only thing i can access is the download mode.

I tried to flash Philz Kernel with CWM, Siyhas Kernel and I tried to reflash the complete Samsung rom.
But also ends up in a boot loop I can't clear the cache or so because i can't access the recovery..nothing is working.:(

Before that I had Cyangogen.Mod 10,2 on this phone.

Any advise what else i could try to overcome this issue?
Thanks

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
If recovery is broken you only have one option - get a stock rom for your carrier from Samfirmware, flash it in download mode with Odin, re-root your phone, restore your most recent nandroid backup if you have one, or reflash the custom rom/kernel you were using & start again.

You haven't been using Rom Manager by chance, have you ?

ioglnx

Nov 13, 2008
If recovery is broken you only have one option - get a stock rom for your carrier from Samfirmware, flash it in download mode with Odin, re-root your phone, restore your most recent nandroid backup if you have one, or reflash the custom rom/kernel you were using & start again.

You haven't been using Rom Manager by chance, have you ?

Nope I tried already with stock rom. But it ends up the same.
I use Odin 3.07 and the I9100DXLSD_I9100OLBLSD_I9100DXLS8_HOME.tar flash as PDA one file.

But this didn't solve it. The recovery menu won't boot it is really strange.

I can get into download but this is all i have - nor flashing of stock rom is giving me back the recovery nor the flash of any recovery system.
CWM 6.3,0,6 - TWRP, PHILZ nothing

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
You need to keep trying to flash a stock rom because that's the only way you're fixing it. Search for Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread; try the stuff in that thread. In particular, flash a 3 part stock rom which will wipe your phone & more than likely fix the issue & enable it to boot normally.

ioglnx

Nov 13, 2008
***Gosh how to delete in this forum a doublepost?...

Last edited:

ioglnx

Nov 13, 2008
Hello,

I could fix it somehow. I just made in Odin a Nand erase all - let it take time and flashed the stock.
Now it works again without any glitch.

muha what a birth

Last edited: