Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 46,042 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Remove carrier boot logo

Tip us?

silvicius
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Remove carrier boot logo

Hi there everybody! As the title says, is there a way to remove the Carrier (Orange in my case)Boot Logo when you power on/off a SGS2? I searched the internet and the only thing i found was how to replace the 1st boot screen, but nothing about the carrier logo, so if there's a way do deal with the carrier logo fell free to put down a guide ... Thanks in advance

seanicca
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvicius View Post
Hi there everybody! As the title says, is there a way to remove the Carrier (Orange in my case)Boot Logo when you power on/off a SGS2? I searched the internet and the only thing i found was how to replace the 1st boot screen, but nothing about the carrier logo, so if there's a way do deal with the carrier logo fell free to put down a guide ... Thanks in advance
Rooting and flashing a custom Rom removes the orange stuff, search for cf-root and follow the instructions

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

cobbles2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default removing vodaphone logo apps

Hi
This is my first post on this forum. I want to remove the vodaphone labelled apps on my ex contract Galaxy S11. Do I have to root the phone do do this or is there another way to remove these?

My phone details are: PDA I9100 BUKJ3 Phone: I9100 BUKI1 CSC I9100 VODKI2. I have found the official ROMS for carrier branded firmware to download ODIN Flash and the stock kernal information but am unsure about my competence to flash my phone without wrecking it. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

gastonw
Old
Thanks Meter 1,769
Default Re: [Q] Remove carrier boot logo

You got 2 choices:

1) Freeze bloat with Titanium back up pro ( root needed ).

2) Flash an unbranded ROM with Odin (no root) or Mobile Odin (root needed).

Sent from the little guy
OMG!!! Just realized I've got an SII Plus! oh...wait...I've got more Internal Space, nevermind, still got an SII.

cobbles2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Carrier logos removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastonw View Post
You got 2 choices:

Sent from the little guy
Thank you for that. The suggestion of using an unbranded ROM with Odin without rooting may be what I am looking for. I have uninstalled some of the unnecessary apps (trial games etc) but realise that the carrier has installed additional "helpful" logos for shopping, updates, music shop and also various "suggestions" in Play Store, none of which are of any interest to me and I would like to remove oe uninstall. I have never tried to get into the innards of this smart phone which I value and am concerned that I might make my phone unusable if I mess up. Where would I find an unbranded ROM that I could use with Odin along with the absolutely essential idiot proof instructions for their use?

Thank you for your patience.

gastonw
Old
Thanks Meter 1,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbles2 View Post
Thank you for that. The suggestion of using an unbranded ROM with Odin without rooting may be what I am looking for. I have uninstalled some of the unnecessary apps (trial games etc) but realise that the carrier has installed additional "helpful" logos for shopping, updates, music shop and also various "suggestions" in Play Store, none of which are of any interest to me and I would like to remove oe uninstall. I have never tried to get into the innards of this smart phone which I value and am concerned that I might make my phone unusable if I mess up. Where would I find an unbranded ROM that I could use with Odin along with the absolutely essential idiot proof instructions for their use?

Thank you for your patience.
Check out general forum, the official 4.1.2 thread.

You'll get directions there
OMG!!! Just realized I've got an SII Plus! oh...wait...I've got more Internal Space, nevermind, still got an SII.

The Following User Says Thank You to gastonw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cobbles2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile carrier logos

Quote:
You got 2 choices:

Sent from the little guy
Quote:
Check out general forum, the official 4.1.2 thread.

You'll get directions there
Thank you for that, will check it out on the general forum

gastonw
Old
Thanks Meter 1,769
Default Re: [Q] Remove carrier boot logo

You do that, good luck.

Sent from the little guy