XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQ]Looking for someone to help me to strip a ROM for gameing

Tip us?

CptKlink
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default [REQ]Looking for someone to help me to strip a ROM for gameing

My SGS2 Cell modem is dead but everything else works fine so i only use this phone for gaming and my Nexus S for everything else. I was wondering if there was anybody out there that could help me strip a ROM of EVERYTHING that is not needed for gaming? Or a list of things i can remove? I have tried searching for list of stuff i can remove but they all still include stuff i know i won't need for my situation. I will list a few things i know i don't need and a few i will still need.

Don't need: Anything to do with the phone or sim card, bluetooth, GPS or anything to do with location, maps, you tube, really anything google except for the play store, Music, and movies

What i do need: Play Store, WiFi/internet, Keyboard

Like i said before i only play games on this phone so i don't need anything else. Anybody out there willing to help

I have already got permission from @fusionjack to use his 4.3.1 slimsaber ROM for this purpose. I can actully do and editing and stuff myself i just need helping finding everything i can remove safely and still have a working ROM in the end

Thanks
CptKlink

CptKlink
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Anybody willing to help? I can do everything like i said i only really need a few pointers or a list of what i can remove please

MistahBungle
Old
(Last edited by MistahBungle; 22nd December 2013 at 05:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3022
Please don't bump threads after 10 hrs. Once every 24 hrs only.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!

Sun90
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8575
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptKlink View Post
Anybody willing to help? I can do everything like i said i only really need a few pointers or a list of what i can remove please
If ur using 'Slimsaber v4.3.1' then u can go to Settings > Slimcenter once there goto 'Slimsizer' tab and there u can delete all the not so necessary apps (like phone, contacts, email,exchange,googleears,hangout etc) ma8

CptKlink
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun90 View Post
If ur using 'Slimsaber v4.3.1' then u can go to Settings > Slimcenter once there goto 'Slimsizer' tab and there u can delete all the not so necessary apps (like phone, contacts, email,exchange,googleears,hangout etc) ma8
Ya i already know about that i was just needing help with sometype of list that i can completely remove and not worry about haveing a non working ROM. Thxs for the short litle list you did give me.

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1061
I wouldn't disable/delete the phone or contacts apps......I did that on my old phone once (for exactly the same reason as you....turn it into a pocket gaming device) and I kept getting (once every couple of seconds) an error message that said something like......"process .com android phone has stopped". I guess *some* processes/apps (even if unused) can't be got rid of......

This might be my S2, or it might be my W...but it's definitely CM

CptKlink
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithross39 View Post
I wouldn't disable/delete the phone or contacts apps......I did that on my old phone once (for exactly the same reason as you....turn it into a pocket gaming device) and I kept getting (once every couple of seconds) an error message that said something like......"process .com android phone has stopped". I guess *some* processes/apps (even if unused) can't be got rid of......

This might be my S2, or it might be my W...but it's definitely CM
Ya i just found that out can't remove the phone app eather kept getting that same error