Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,290 Members 53,219 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Restoring backup after update from GB Sammy to ICS AOKP?

Tip us?

DaPhinc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default [Q] Restoring backup after update from GB Sammy to ICS AOKP?

I am currently on CheckRom 6 and i want to update to an CM9 or AOKP based Rom. So which part of my backups (Titanium Backup &CMW) can be restored after the update? Nothing? Just apps? Apps & app data? SMS/MMS?

I read that there are Problems with CM9 and Titanium Backup. Does this also apply to AOKP?

The-Hulk
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,732

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPhinc View Post
I am currently on CheckRom 6 and i want to update to an CM9 or AOKP based Rom. So which part of my backups (Titanium Backup &CMW) can be restored after the update? Nothing? Just apps? Apps & app data? SMS/MMS?

I read that there are Problems with CM9 and Titanium Backup. Does this also apply to AOKP?
You will get all your apps and data, but sms and contacts can somtimes fail restore as there are thr diffrences between diffrent roms.
Also for the CWM i am guessing that you mean nandroid backup, if so you will get all of you that. Check out my sig for a link to moving roms and backing up data.
The Following User Says Thank You to The-Hulk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DaPhinc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Thanks. Yes, i meant a nandoid backup but i wanted to restore only the sms/mms via app extractor. But it is not a big deal if it does not work, sms are not that important.

DaPhinc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
For people who are interested:
My experiences for updating from CheckRom 6 to Resurrection Remix 1.8.1:
-restoring user apps with titanium backup: worked fine, no problems
-restoring sms/mms with SMS Backup & Restore (from Google Play): FC when opening sms app for the first time. Tried Go SMS and it worked fine, all old messages were there. Tried stock app a second time: works too, no more FCs.