XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Return to Stock ROM from MIUI - different CWM versions

Tip us?

Cookiedroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Return to Stock ROM from MIUI - different CWM versions

Hi, after about 19 months of using MIUI suddenly my phone can not detect or read SIM Card anymore!
IMEI is ok, but phone also reboots after turning On Bluetooth and trying to find devices. I think it is hardware.

I need get back to stock ROM, so I can claim phone on warranty.
My stock ROM was ICS Orange branded I9100BVLPB. (hotfile is down so I can't download it)
I've done root with fake recovery method (using temporal cwm-touch-6.0.1.2), I also did a backup with it.
After flashing MIUI my recovery is - CWM-based Recovery v5.5.0.4

I've noticed that backup from fake recovery is different from normal backups I've done after flashing MIUI, backup folder is very small (18MB) but there is a blobs folder, which is big (2GB).

Is it possible to restore this backup with my CWM 5.5.04??
What else can I do to return to stock ROM?
Please, help.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3030
Will a restore of that backup work ? No idea. Try it and find out (I've always avoided stuff like 'fake backups' & used the real thing). As to where you can get a stock rom, try AndroidFirmwares.net or Samsung-Updates. If they don't have what you need, you'll have to wait until Samfirmware have what you want back up (they're putting stuff up on Terra starting with more recent firmwares first, older stuff might be a while).

If you can't find what you need on those sites, use a different firmware for your carrier/country. Many people mistakenly believe when you send a phone in for a warranty claim it must have the firmware that was on the phone when you bought it installed. Not true (I mean, people do OTA updates from carriers, right ?).
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!