Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,906 Members 42,647 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ROM with BEST battery life?

Tip us?

DroidBoy2000
Old
(Last edited by DroidBoy2000; 28th April 2014 at 05:04 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Battery Full [Q] ROM with BEST battery life?

Hi

I'm new on this forum, have been lurking around before, but i digress.
I just got my SGII 2 days ago, and i'm in love with it (not literally, lol).
So, i already rooted it and today i backed up all my apps with Titanium Backup, and made a ROM backup with CWM.
Now, i find like many other users, that the battery life of JB is very poor on stock 4.2.1.
With WiFi on, and brightness settings on Auto, i lose about 2% in maybe 10-20 minutes.
When i game very shorty for only 5-6 mins i drop from 100% to 96 or 97% (don't know if this is normal or not with Minecraft and Asphalt 8, sometimes GTA 3 and Age of Zombies).
Now, with battery saving on, and brightness on the lowest settings (not auto), the battery life is alot better ofcourse, but still the battery drains pretty quickly when i'm playing a game (losing 3% maybe every 8 mins?).
Is this normal with JB or is there something wrong with my battery?
Also, if it's just the ROM, can you advice me a ROM with good battery life, preferably android 4.4?
Also, i read about Cyanogenmod 11, how is the battery on that ROM?

Thank's in advance!
Sorry if there'are any spelling errors, i'm Dutch

EDIT: sorry, my post was a bit incomplete
Battery resource usages.

Screen: 51%
Android-system 16%
Mobile standby 5%
Media server 3%

Those are some of the apps that eat up battery
The Following User Says Thank You to DroidBoy2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Perry2547
Old
Thanks Meter 24
3% in 30 to 40 minutes with Wi-Fi on?
I'd recommend you don't change a thing. Consider yourself fortunate because those are good numbers.

Unfortunately, Camera has stopped.

DroidBoy2000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry2547 View Post
3% in 30 to 40 minutes with Wi-Fi on?
I'd recommend you don't change a thing. Consider yourself fortunate because those are good numbers.

Unfortunately, Camera has stopped.
Sorry, corrected the post, 30-40 mins was incorrect

DroidBoy2000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Also, another question, when installing a custom ROM, does it matter if it's a T-Mobile version or Vodafone?
Or doesn't that matter as long as its for the i9100?

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
Carrier specific custom roms ?? Not sure what you mean by that; there's no such thing.

If you mean 'Can I flash a stock rom for a different country or carrier ?', the answer is yes.

I strongly recommend you read the guides/tutorials stickied near the top of General section. This will give you a good grounding in 'the basics'. If you're going to be modding your phone at all, you'd much rather read & learn, rather than learn the hard way & end up with a busted phone.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DroidBoy2000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Carrier specific custom roms ?? Not sure what you mean by that; there's no such thing.

If you mean 'Can I flash a stock rom for a different country or carrier ?', the answer is yes.

I strongly recommend you read the guides/tutorials stickied near the top of General section. This will give you a good grounding in 'the basics'. If you're going to be modding your phone at all, you'd much rather read & learn, rather than learn the hard way & end up with a busted phone.
Hi, thanks for your help
I just installed JellySnap, AWESOME ROM, already seeing significant change in speed and battery life!
Definitly be posting around these forums, and thanks for your help again
I'm smacking the "Thanks" button for you!

ronnie498
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,233
Mod Edit

"Best" or "Recommend" ROM/kernel threads are not allowed on XDA.
Please test these things for yourself.
This is the only way you will get an unbiased opinion, and then, you can decide for yourself if it meets YOUR needs.
Don't forget to make a nandroid before you start.

Thread Closed

ronnie498
Forum Moderator

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe