Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Which Rom has full bluetooth HID support?

OP forcedv

3rd February 2012, 10:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

225 posts
Been putting off installing a custom Rom on the SGS2 (UK) because it's been working fine for what I need, but now I'd like to use it as a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse on my Windows PC (without the need for a server app).

I've read about an app called Bluputdroid which will connect to a PC via bluetooth and be recognized as a HID keyboard and mouse but requires a coustom Rom with a specific bluetooth stack.

Which Rom should I try?

Thank you
3rd February 2012, 06:23 PM   |  #2  
Flag birmingham
Thanks Meter: 39

100 posts
More
only way i know to get around it is to use an AOSP rom, like cm7/cm9 or MIUI, i did the same thing to get my playstation sixaxis working hope this helps
3rd February 2012, 07:14 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 904

3,572 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by forcedv

Been putting off installing a custom Rom on the SGS2 (UK) because it's been working fine for what I need, but now I'd like to use it as a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse on my Windows PC (without the need for a server app).

I've read about an app called Bluputdroid which will connect to a PC via bluetooth and be recognized as a HID keyboard and mouse but requires a coustom Rom with a specific bluetooth stack.

Which Rom should I try?

Thank you

As coffmad said, any AOSP ROM should work for what you're looking for, as they will utilize the generic Android bluetooth stack, instead of Samsung's.

That said, I know you said you don't want to install a server app, but have you considered looking at GMote? It works over wi-fi. There's a very thin app you install on the computer, and your phone connects to it over your network. This is what I use to utilize my phone as a remote for my computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffmad

only way i know to get around it is to use an AOSP rom, like cm7/cm9 or MIUI, i did the same thing to get my playstation sixaxis working hope this helps

FYI, SixAxis works on Samsung based ROMs, and has for quite some time. I think since October or so. I've got it working just fine, and I'm on stock XXKI3.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread