5,603,646 Members 37,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Which Rom has full bluetooth HID support?

Tip us?

forcedv
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Which Rom has full bluetooth HID support?

Been putting off installing a custom Rom on the SGS2 (UK) because it's been working fine for what I need, but now I'd like to use it as a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse on my Windows PC (without the need for a server app).

I've read about an app called Bluputdroid which will connect to a PC via bluetooth and be recognized as a HID keyboard and mouse but requires a coustom Rom with a specific bluetooth stack.

Which Rom should I try?

Thank you

coffmad
Old
Thanks Meter 39
only way i know to get around it is to use an AOSP rom, like cm7/cm9 or MIUI, i did the same thing to get my playstation sixaxis working hope this helps
LG GT540 (sold)
Galaxy Apollo (sold)
Galaxy S1 (sold)
Galaxy S2 (sold)
HTC One X (sold)

Current handset: Nexus 4 16gb Paranoid Android 3.1 (4.2.2)

HP Touchpad (broken)
Asus Transformer TF300t (sold)

Current tablets: Asus Nexus 7 32Gb Paranoid Android 3.1 (4.2.2), iPad 4 64gb Wifi (Jailbroken)

ctomgee
Old
Thanks Meter 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by forcedv View Post
Been putting off installing a custom Rom on the SGS2 (UK) because it's been working fine for what I need, but now I'd like to use it as a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse on my Windows PC (without the need for a server app).

I've read about an app called Bluputdroid which will connect to a PC via bluetooth and be recognized as a HID keyboard and mouse but requires a coustom Rom with a specific bluetooth stack.

Which Rom should I try?

Thank you
As coffmad said, any AOSP ROM should work for what you're looking for, as they will utilize the generic Android bluetooth stack, instead of Samsung's.

That said, I know you said you don't want to install a server app, but have you considered looking at GMote? It works over wi-fi. There's a very thin app you install on the computer, and your phone connects to it over your network. This is what I use to utilize my phone as a remote for my computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffmad View Post
only way i know to get around it is to use an AOSP rom, like cm7/cm9 or MIUI, i did the same thing to get my playstation sixaxis working hope this helps
FYI, SixAxis works on Samsung based ROMs, and has for quite some time. I think since October or so. I've got it working just fine, and I'm on stock XXKI3.