Dead home button and bootloop

OP Andreyq123

9th July 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 7

44 posts
More
So as the title suggests i have an dead home button and bootloop. This means that i can't boot into recovery to do a factory reset.I flashed the stock rom via odin but it still bootloops because of the previous cyanogenmod rom i had. I can't enter recovery by the up-power-home key combination and i also can't enter by the adb reboot recovery at bootloop.

I don't know if there is anything else to do, Is there any method i can wipe data and do a factory reset from odin ?
Last edited by Andreyq123; 9th July 2014 at 09:10 AM.
9th July 2014, 10:22 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3,208

7,088 posts
Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General; download the 3 part firmware linked to in thread & flash with Odin - this will wipe the phone & hopefully get rid of whatever is causing bootloop. Problems with flash ? Go through troubleshooting steps in thread methodically until you get a successful flash.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 11:04 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 7

44 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle

Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General; download the 3 part firmware linked to in thread & flash with Odin - this will wipe the phone & hopefully get rid of whatever is causing bootloop. Problems with flash ? Go through troubleshooting steps in thread methodically until you get a successful flash.

Oh my God, it worked! Thank you very much, i cannot believe it f****** worked! THANKS!
The Following User Says Thank You to Andreyq123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 11:10 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3,208

7,088 posts
Good news, glad it worked. No probs Don't forget to thank the OP in Hopper's thread, he put a lot of time/effort into putting it together to make it the 'go-to' thread for S2 on here in these situations.
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello!

I am facing a really similar problem, however, i can't enter the download mode (also because of the broken home button) to flash the 3 part firmware that was linked in that thread. Do you have any other idea? i also tryed the adb download mode but the computer is not recognizing the usb (SAMSUNG USB MTP failed).

Thanks in advance.
10th July 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #6  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 1,209

1,995 posts
More
The only thing that *might* work is to force the phone into download mode with a USB jig.....then follow @Hopper8s guide as @MistahBungle suggested to the other poster. If your phone is bootlooping as opposed to being completely dead, you have a reasonable chance that the jig will work.

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right
The Following User Says Thank You to keithross39 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 02:19 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
hey!!

Thanks for the reply!! After about 50 trys, the phone miraculously entered the download mode with the technique of holding the volume down pressed and plugging a charger in it. After that i followed the steps described in the guide, flashed the 3 part firmware and worked like a charm!

Thx a lot for the help!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread