Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,382 Members 47,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dead home button and bootloop

Tip us?

Andreyq123
Old
(Last edited by Andreyq123; 9th July 2014 at 08:10 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Dead home button and bootloop

So as the title suggests i have an dead home button and bootloop. This means that i can't boot into recovery to do a factory reset.I flashed the stock rom via odin but it still bootloops because of the previous cyanogenmod rom i had. I can't enter recovery by the up-power-home key combination and i also can't enter by the adb reboot recovery at bootloop.

I don't know if there is anything else to do, Is there any method i can wipe data and do a factory reset from odin ?

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,205
Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General; download the 3 part firmware linked to in thread & flash with Odin - this will wipe the phone & hopefully get rid of whatever is causing bootloop. Problems with flash ? Go through troubleshooting steps in thread methodically until you get a successful flash.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Andreyq123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General; download the 3 part firmware linked to in thread & flash with Odin - this will wipe the phone & hopefully get rid of whatever is causing bootloop. Problems with flash ? Go through troubleshooting steps in thread methodically until you get a successful flash.
Oh my God, it worked! Thank you very much, i cannot believe it f****** worked! THANKS!
The Following User Says Thank You to Andreyq123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,205
Good news, glad it worked. No probs Don't forget to thank the OP in Hopper's thread, he put a lot of time/effort into putting it together to make it the 'go-to' thread for S2 on here in these situations.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paznos
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello!

I am facing a really similar problem, however, i can't enter the download mode (also because of the broken home button) to flash the 3 part firmware that was linked in that thread. Do you have any other idea? i also tryed the adb download mode but the computer is not recognizing the usb (SAMSUNG USB MTP failed).

Thanks in advance.

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1,190
The only thing that *might* work is to force the phone into download mode with a USB jig.....then follow @Hopper8s guide as @MistahBungle suggested to the other poster. If your phone is bootlooping as opposed to being completely dead, you have a reasonable chance that the jig will work.

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right
The Following User Says Thank You to keithross39 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paznos
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hey!!

Thanks for the reply!! After about 50 trys, the phone miraculously entered the download mode with the technique of holding the volume down pressed and plugging a charger in it. After that i followed the steps described in the guide, flashed the 3 part firmware and worked like a charm!

Thx a lot for the help!!