[Q] Rom+Kernel+other questions

24th August 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello to the members of the forum.
I have i9100 phone. Yesterday was the first time I changed my stock android rom 4.02 to Jelly Cyanomode v10.1.3 stable (based on android 4.2.2) and installed the Gapps compatible with it. The reasons for doing that were:
1. battery drain to fast with normal use
2. Phone gets warm and seems like shut down or stuck many times.

I am a beginner with android phones and don't like to play with it too much, but since I already got into it, I decided to ask few questions to make me things clarified:

1. Does the Cyanomode v10.1.3 stable has a kernel ? if so, is it recomended to install a different kernel ?
2. Can someone send me a link to a stable and good dorimanx kernel version (I read it is good) which suits Cyanomode v10.1.3 stable
2. Are the custom Roms less secured than the stock Roms from a privacy point of view ?
3. The more I installed applications, the more I found I have to give these application many permissions they ask which gets lot of personal information which I don't really want to give (phone numbers, messages, names,...). Is there an application that can restrict all those applications from getting this information, or alternativly is there an application that can create pseudo data instead of the real data to be available to those application ?
4.How can I see my task manager with Cyanomode v10.1.3 stable ?
5. How can I copy the GPS on/off icon from the settings to the ruller above the (the one you slide down) ?
6. Is the Gapps really important to install ?

Thanks,
Eyal
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread