5,598,610 Members 43,446 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.2.2] RootBox ♦ Support ♦ Help-Index ♦ Discussion [i9100/i9100g/n7000]

Tip us?

faceN
Old
(Last edited by faceN; 16th February 2013 at 08:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1] RootBox ♦ Support ♦ Help-Index ♦ Discussion [i9100/i9100g]

Browser seems to start up and go crazy in the background from time to time, using 50-80% CPU and draining power for no apparent reason. Clearing browser data fixes it temporarily.
Also, I can't get a GPS fix.
Clean flashed v3.7, updated to v3.7.1.
Other than that, great ROM!

Edit:
GPS working today, just takes a few minutes to get a fix. Browser also behaving today. Stock kernel.

Edit 2: Had to freeze the Browser.

SGS II
Rom: RootBox-JB-i9300-V3.0
Kernel: stock
Baseband: I9100XXLS8
Recovery: CWM 5.8.1.5
The Following User Says Thank You to faceN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

netcitizen
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1] RootBox ♦ Support ♦ Help-Index ♦ Discussion [i9100/i9100g]

In profiles/home I disable lock screen security. But it is not getting activated. whichever profile I choose the lock screen security is always on.
And in default keyboard next word prediction doesn't work. I have turned on that option.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
KitKat|Nexus 5
KitKat|SGS2

maxwellz
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Just a quick poll, does everybody has 450 Mb ram usage
after reboot? I used to have 350 when all is clear... Thanks.

»SAMSUNG GALAXY SII
»MIUI 3.10.25
»Apolo 4.11
The Following User Says Thank You to maxwellz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hannibal226
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3098

Quote:
Originally Posted by faceN View Post
Browser seems to start up and go crazy in the background from time to time, using 50% CPU and draining power for no apparent reason. Clearing browser data fixes it temporarily.
Also, I can't get a GPS fix.
Clean flashed v3.7, updated to v3.7.1.
Other than that, great ROM!
Browser I can't say, because I'm using Chrome and Firefox.

But GPS isn't working for me, too (no signal...)

Overthis, this morning again a random hot boot, after taking phone from charger and wanted to change between WLANs (after reboot no problem!)

CHEERS

Sent from my GT-I9100 with RootBox
Alternative Downloads:
♦Dev-Host♦
♦AndroidFileHost♦

The Following User Says Thank You to Hannibal226 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pikesmatrix
Old
Thanks Meter 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal226 View Post

Overthis, this morning again a random hot boot, after taking phone from charger and wanted to change between WLANs (after reboot no problem!)

CHEERS

I had my first random reboot this morning, and it was really special... Lol. Was in the process of updating a few play store apps. It was on charge when it happened though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Current devices:

Nexus 7 ---- Rom: Baked bb7
nexus 10 ---- Rom: Stock(unrooted)
Motorola Xoom ---- Rom: Baked bb7
HTC One X ---- Rom: IceColdJelly
Samsung Galaxy SII ---- Rom: Rootbox

adriank87
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal226 View Post

CHEERS

Hey, from what I see, GPS on 3.7.1 works even better than it was on latest nightly. It finds fix instantly after I turn on google maps (wifi off, data off, 2g).

No random reboots here. I did clean flash 3.7 and update to 3.7.1. After that I cleaned cache, dalvik and fixed permissions.
I'm using kernel from my signature, and with this combination 3.7.1 is one of the most stable releases I've used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellz
Just a quick poll, does everybody has 450 Mb ram usage
after reboot? I used to have 350 when all is clear... Thanks.
I checked this 2 minutes ago, right after reboot I had 300 RAM usage, then 275, and now fluctuates around 295-305.
The Following User Says Thank You to adriank87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Steili
Old
Thanks Meter 115
No random boots on 3.7.1, GPS working. I´m on latest Siyah MCM vsync V5 Kernel.
Great rom!
Device: Samsung Galaxy SII (GT-i9100)
Kernel: stock Slim Bean Saber Mod
Rom: SlimBean latest nightly [SaberMod]
Launcher: Nova Launcher Prime
Modem: XXMS3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steili For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beowulf1979
Old
Thanks Meter 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwaempires View Post
Random reboot happen to me too....one time only...after clear cache/dalvik and fix permission....it seems to work fine...
2 reboot after clean installation 3.7.1, now I'm on siyah kernel and last few hours it's OK.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Sakete
Old
(Last edited by Sakete; 15th February 2013 at 09:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 21
Anyone notice the bug where the backlight of the hardware keys light up once or twice after they've turned off?

I.e. when you touch the screen, the backlight of the hardware keys light up. Then they turn off after a couple of seconds, but then they light up again after a few seconds, eventhough you haven't touched the screen.

I've also noticed this on the CM builds. Is this a kernel or a ROM bug?

--------------------- Edit
Okay never mind, I figured it out. It's a kernel bug, not a ROM bug. Just installed Dorimanx 7.47 and I don't have that bug anymore. Will now try out the rest of the ROM, so far so good though
[Device] Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919
[ROM] Danvdh Google Edition (KK 4.4.2)
[Kernel] KTGE-SGS4
[Modem] NB4

gorko122
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I wanted to try to enable HD Voice (never tried it with RootBox) by using the menu with this code: '*#*#197328640#*#*', but the menu doesn't appear.

Does somebody know how to enable HD Voice (WB-AMR) in RootBox? Or could it be a bug that the menu doesn't appear?

Tags
4.2.1, 4.2.2, best rom, changelog, help-index, non-development, rootbox, rootbox support thread&discussion, support