Root Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100G
Hi, I'm Paras Lehana.
My friends always asked me how to root their Samsung Galaxy S II I9100G.
Moreover, I'm not able to find any specified page for rooting this G variant here on XDA. So, I decided to make a thread to help anyone who wants to root their I9100G.
'Android Application Development' By Donn Felker
XDA Member creezalird
(FB - Tengku Zulhilmie T. Aziz)
Method Last Updated -
Thursday, March 01, 2012
I'm not responsible for any damage done to your phone. There's no chance of bricking your G if you follow the steps carefully. Ask anywhere you have doubts or your heart says, "It's risky here, buddy". As known, your warranty is voided if you root your phone but it can be regained by unrooting it.
Be Cool....! It's not a tough process
The method I'm going to describe is the most common method (for other methods post below):
FLASHING ROOTED KERNEL
- Fast method, CWM support directly assuming the rooted kernel supports it.
- Applicable to almost all stock firmware even up to the latest so far.
Required Applications -
- A bit dangerous, soft bricked may or may not occurred.
- Without USB jig, warranty will be voided as binary counter is increased and yellow triangle occurred. Without USB jig, only yellow triangle can be removed. Binary counter can only be reset with USB jig and only from old bootloader (KJ2 and lower)
Odin (File is attached)
- Download one of the rooted kernel
- Superatoms (version 2.1 is very stable and recommended)
- MyGKernel (still stable but quite old and not updated so far)
- Lucifr (currently on development and have some new features)
- Dark ROM
Every kernel may have some other steps to follow. You can check them out in their respective threads. I'm only giving the basic and common flashing steps.
- Go to Download Mode : Turn off phone. Hold vol down+home+turn on button. Release the on button after phone is turning on. After a few second, release all buttons. After that vol up.
- Run Odin, connect phone with usb cable, yellow COMx will be shown in Odin
- Re-partition should not be ticked (no pit file is required here)
- Select PDA button, choose the downloaded kernel file (usually a .tar file)
- Click Start, a PASS will be shown if succeed
Rooted (Superuser) and CWM Recovery
DOWNLOAD THE FULL PDF GUIDE FOR I9100G
The whole credit of this guide - even the thread - goes to XDA member creezalird
. On his precious request I'm posting that link here. Please bless this real man with some Thanks Buttons
LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE PDF - http://db.tt/BwlUTGIl
PLEASE THANK ME IF YOU LIKED MY WORK - IT HARDLY TAKES FEW SECONDS TO CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW
PLEASE CLICK SUBMIT THREAD AS NEWS TIP ON THE TOP OF THE HEADER IF YOU WANT PEOPLE SUFFERING LIKE YOU KNOW THE SOLUTION
PLEASE VOTE ON THE TOP OF THE THREAD FOR THE RESULT OF THIS METHOD