Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Rooted but not sure how to upgrade from 2.3.5 to latest cynanogenmod

OP Hyflex

15th March 2014, 07:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 42

394 posts
More
Hey Guys,

I just rooted my S2 and want to install: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...ghtly-t2604068 however it says that I "Must be at least once on stock ICS or JB before attempting!".

I don't know how I am supposd to upgrade my 2.3.5 so that this is possible...

Any advice?
15th March 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #2  
Flag Zahlah
Thanks Meter: 239

74 posts
More
Since you're rooted, install Mobile Odin Pro from Play Store, then download the 4.1.2 firmware for your I9100G by googling the term "offcial 4.1.2 stock firmware for I9100G" and downloading the zip file associated and extracting the .tar file that comes inside. Then, extract the .tar file to your SD card and go to Mobile Odin Pro app and choose to flash the extracted .tar file. It takes some time but it should update your phone to android 4.1.2 and then you can install a custom kernel for your 4.1.2 firmware which supports CWM recovery. I recommend PhilZ kernel which comes with CWM. Note that you need CWM 6.0.4.5 and above to flash a KitKat based ROM (such as Cyanogenmod 11 in your case). There you go, your phone will run the ROM you asked for and much of what I mentioned can simply be googled here and there for more details. Good luck
15th March 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

394 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Kolanjian

Since you're rooted, install Mobile Odin Pro from Play Store, then download the 4.1.2 firmware for your I9100G by googling the term "offcial 4.1.2 stock firmware for I9100G" and downloading the zip file associated and extracting the .tar file that comes inside. Then, extract the .tar file to your SD card and go to Mobile Odin Pro app and choose to flash the extracted .tar file. It takes some time but it should update your phone to android 4.1.2 and then you can install a custom kernel for your 4.1.2 firmware which supports CWM recovery. I recommend PhilZ kernel which comes with CWM. Note that you need CWM 6.0.4.5 and above to flash a KitKat based ROM (such as Cyanogenmod 11 in your case). There you go, your phone will run the ROM you asked for and much of what I mentioned can simply be googled here and there for more details. Good luck

I'm unable to find the correct firmware :/ all the download links I've found are dead.

Phones Details:
Android Version: 2.3.5
Kernel: 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKI8-CL616395
Build Number: Gingerbread.XWKI8
Baseband: I9100NEKI2
Last edited by Hyflex; 15th March 2014 at 11:40 PM.
15th March 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #4  
Flag Zahlah

74 posts
More
Cloud Search Mirror Links
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyflex

I'm unable to find the correct firmware :/ all the download links I've found are dead.

No problem at all buddy, I am glad to help you This link seems working http://www.mediafire.com/download/eu...ODDLS3_INU.zip (mediafire link) I also found some mirrors over here but no all of them are working http://www.mirrorupload.net/file/0PQ8FEAL/ Anyways, go for Mediafire, it includes the file I told you about
EDIT: Wait a minute, what is your model number? If it's I9100, download this torrent file and use Bit Torrent to download the contents of the .torrent file. If it's I9100G, just use the links I provided above
Last edited by Paul_Kolanjian; 15th March 2014 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Incorrect link has been provided.
15th March 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

394 posts
More
Quote:

No problem at all buddy, I am glad to help you This link seems working http://www.mediafire.com/download/eu...ODDLS3_INU.zip (mediafire link) I also found some mirrors over here but no all of them are working http://www.mirrorupload.net/file/0PQ8FEAL/ Anyways, go for Mediafire, it includes the file I told you about
EDIT: Wait a minute, what is your model number? If it's I9100, download this torrent file and use Bit Torrent to download the contents of the .torrent file. If it's I9100G, just use the links I provided above

It's a GT-I9100, which one do I use?
16th March 2014, 01:06 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

394 posts
More
EDIT: http://live.samsung-updates.com/inde...evice=GT-I9100 I can't find my one
Last edited by Hyflex; 16th March 2014 at 01:15 AM.
16th March 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,850

4,237 posts
More
Quote:

EDIT: http://live.samsung-updates.com/inde...evice=GT-I9100 I can't find my one

Search androidfirmwares.net
16th March 2014, 05:50 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

394 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_droid

Search androidfirmwares.net

They didn't have them either, I used Kies to update to 4.1.2 and rooted by flashing CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zip and it worked fine.

I've now got to find a rom that I like, originally I liked the look of the cynanogenmod 4.4 rom but im looking for a rom/kernel with the best battery life :/
16th March 2014, 10:43 AM   |  #9  
Flag Zahlah

74 posts
More
Quote:

They didn't have them either, I used Kies to update to 4.1.2 and rooted by flashing CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zip and it worked fine.

I've now got to find a rom that I like, originally I liked the look of the cynanogenmod 4.4 rom but im looking for a rom/kernel with the best battery life :/

If you need a 4.2.2 Touchwiz ROM, try Revolution Rom UX build 2 by tutangigi, and use stable dorimanx kernel v9.43. SuperNexus 2.0 is good too if you like stable Vanilla AOSP Android. As for Android 4.3, I used SlimBean 4.3 build 2.2. Good luck
16th March 2014, 10:46 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 20,231

7,879 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If you need a 4.2.2 Touchwiz ROM, try Revolution Rom UX build 2 by tutangigi, and use stable dorimanx kernel v9.43. SuperNexus 2.0 is good too if you like stable Vanilla AOSP Android. As for Android 4.3, I used SlimBean 4.3 build 2.2. Good luck

Never heard of 4.2.2 tw rom for s2

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread