Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,758 Members 46,213 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooted S2 - No signal even with a signal booster

Tip us?

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
OK...Some clear thinking required...

1) Basically you can use any modem for the I9100 (this includes the I9100P)
2) You can't back up a modem, or not easily at any rate. And you don't need to given how easy they are to flash. If you want to go back to a previous modem, simply re-flash it. If you don't have a copy of your current modem, you might want to find a copy of it somewhere before you go flashing something else (not sure why that would be important to you given your current modem is giving you no connectivity, but, anyways...).
3) CWM flashable modems are flashable in the same manner as any other mod/kernel/rom in CWM. You should already know how to flash stuff in CWM if you're running a custom rom, if you don't, you need to start doing some searching (and how did you get a custom rom on your phone if you didn't know how to flash with it ?).

Right. I've given you more than enough info & won't be posting further to this thread, this stuff is really very simple, and we have guides/tutorials (most of which are stickied near the top of the General section) you can read if you need further info, and everything you've asked can easily be found with a search.

Up to you now...
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

wowandroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
OK...Some clear thinking required...

1) Basically you can use any modem for the I9100 (this includes the I9100P)
2) You can't back up a modem, or not easily at any rate. And you don't need to given how easy they are to flash. If you want to go back to a previous modem, simply re-flash it. If you don't have a copy of your current modem, you might want to find a copy of it somewhere before you go flashing something else (not sure why that would be important to you given your current modem is giving you no connectivity, but, anyways...).
3) CWM flashable modems are flashable in the same manner as any other mod/kernel/rom in CWM. You should already know how to flash stuff in CWM if you're running a custom rom, if you don't, you need to start doing some searching (and how did you get a custom rom on your phone if you didn't know how to flash with it ?).

Right. I've given you more than enough info & won't be posting further to this thread, this stuff is really very simple, and we have guides/tutorials (most of which are stickied near the top of the General section) you can read if you need further info, and everything you've asked can easily be found with a search.

Up to you now...
No worries mate. Thanks for your help and advice.