5,603,646 Members 36,856 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting an S2 - Can someone check I have this correct?

Tip us?

TopherBrink
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Rooting an S2 - Can someone check I have this correct?

I am looking to root my UK Galaxy S2 with the best backup/recovery options included;

Code:
 Model number GT-l9100
Android version 4.1.2
Baseband version l9100XXMS
Kernel Version: 3.0.31  1211311 dpi@DELL251 #3. SMP PREEMPT Thu May 16 10:05:20. KST 2013
Build number JZO54K.l9100XWLSW)
From a few days worth of reading it seems as if the best option is http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1877270 (PhilZ-cwm6 - Safe Stock Based Kernel Featuring PhilZ Touch 6
(Enhanced CWM v6.x, now with exFat+ext4+NTFS support)

The part I would like someone to confirm for me if possible is that the correct file to do this for my specific phone/kernel/etc would be the PhilZ-cwm6-XWLSW-XEU-5.06.1-signed.zip found here http://d-h.st/users/philz_touch/?fld_id=17703#files

I believe it to be that based on the "LSW" in the build number - have I deduced this correctly..?
Thought it would be best to try to get it confirmed as most of the guides refer to the kernel code (XWLPX-NEE in that example) not `build number` when they talk about it. Still picking my way through the terminology.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3037
Correct.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!

-Marco
Old
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
It is sufficient that flash the root for your build, nothing more. However i think it is correct

Give me a THANKS if I helped you / you like my post
Italy developer
~CyanFox Team~
The Following User Says Thank You to -Marco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]