Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

S2 works but with black screen !!

OP ma4ja

12th November 2012, 03:42 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 16

360 posts
Anyone have any luck?
12th January 2013, 05:10 AM   |  #12  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickbird144

Anyone have any luck?

I've got the same problem too. I managed to get the phone into download mode (the screen didn't show a thing, but Odin recognized it as "ADDED"). Flahsed an official ICS ROM, but the screen keeps black, but the initialization sound can be heard, and the phone still rings when receiving a call!

Dead hardware...I supose...
21st June 2013, 05:14 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ov3r

I've got the same problem too. I managed to get the phone into download mode (the screen didn't show a thing, but Odin recognized it as "ADDED"). Flahsed an official ICS ROM, but the screen keeps black, but the initialization sound can be heard, and the phone still rings when receiving a call!

Dead hardware...I supose...

I have the same problem as you, but this is something I found out yesterday:

If you go to a dark room, and you turn on your S2, you can see some sort of.. light black/grayish pixel spots over your screen. It is pretty hard to see, that's why you need to be in a dark room.

Did anyone else notice this, or am I the only one?
25th June 2013, 08:15 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameShine

I have the same problem as you, but this is something I found out yesterday:

If you go to a dark room, and you turn on your S2, you can see some sort of.. light black/grayish pixel spots over your screen. It is pretty hard to see, that's why you need to be in a dark room.

Did anyone else notice this, or am I the only one?

Hi I noticed it too, what I also noticed is that sometimes when using the face unlock on "waking" the phone up with the power key worked, I'm hoping it is not a hardware issue because it's intermittent.
26th June 2013, 12:48 PM   |  #15  

1 posts
Hi all.
I have this same problem with my screen on sgs2 . Also can see screen in darkness. Sound and phone works fine.
30th June 2013, 01:45 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 3

17 posts
After opening up, came up with this problem
I opened up the back of the phone, to clean off some lint between the camera lens, and the glass on the outside, after closing it, This problem occurred.
The thing is, the touch screen works fine. I can navigate through the phone (using another Galaxy S2 to guide me of course), and everything. I can turn it off and on, etc.
So, this may be a hardware issue, but can someone chime in and let us know the specific hardware issue that may be in play here?
The Following User Says Thank You to zvuqniki For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2013, 12:05 AM   |  #17  
Flag Everett
Thanks Meter: 100

314 posts
More
I'm having the same problem. I'm repairing a water damaged phone, and after the cleaning, it would hang on the galaxy S2 logo. I got it into download mode, and left it that way while I was Dling the proper Odin files, but when I came back 15 minutes later, it was a black screen. I finally realized it was still working, and navigated into download mode by memory, and successfully flashed the firmware. But now the screen that was working, refuses to turn on, although the capacitive lights do, and the phone is seemingly working normally.

It seems like it has to be something simple, the LCD shouldn't just die altogether for no reason. I'll keep messing around, and if I figure anything out, I'll report back. Or maybe someone else figures it out, and I can benefit!
24th July 2013, 04:12 AM   |  #18  
Flag Everett
Thanks Meter: 100

314 posts
More
As an update, I plugged the non working screen into a working S2, and it showed the Samsung logo on boot up. Then it went black again, but it can still show images, and did it multiple times. So the LCD works, but something is messing it up.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
23rd September 2013, 02:47 PM   |  #19  

1 posts
Hey guys!

I have the same problem... does anybody have an idea what's happening to our phones?
14th August 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 2

39 posts
Not to beat a dead horse but I am trying to recover pictures from my sisters phone. I plugged in a working screen, get the Samsung logo on boot then a low lit black screen however the boot sound still plays, all buttons on the bottom light up and give heptic feedback and so on. I don't have any lcd lights though... Lastly when I have the phone off and plug into the wall I do get the battery charge symbol flash on the screen but then goes back to a black screen and the battery still charges. I plug the phone into a computer and can see it connected although cant get kies to work with it... Any updates from anyone else or ideas? This phone has pictures of her daughter that passed away and are irreplaceable. I am willing to try anything so she can hold onto those memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbarsinistr

As an update, I plugged the non working screen into a working S2, and it showed the Samsung logo on boot up. Then it went black again, but it can still show images, and did it multiple times. So the LCD works, but something is messing it up.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread