Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 40,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S2 works but with black screen !!

Tip us?

quickbird144
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Anyone have any luck?

ov3r
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickbird144 View Post
Anyone have any luck?
I've got the same problem too. I managed to get the phone into download mode (the screen didn't show a thing, but Odin recognized it as "ADDED"). Flahsed an official ICS ROM, but the screen keeps black, but the initialization sound can be heard, and the phone still rings when receiving a call!

Dead hardware...I supose...

GameShine
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ov3r View Post
I've got the same problem too. I managed to get the phone into download mode (the screen didn't show a thing, but Odin recognized it as "ADDED"). Flahsed an official ICS ROM, but the screen keeps black, but the initialization sound can be heard, and the phone still rings when receiving a call!

Dead hardware...I supose...
I have the same problem as you, but this is something I found out yesterday:

If you go to a dark room, and you turn on your S2, you can see some sort of.. light black/grayish pixel spots over your screen. It is pretty hard to see, that's why you need to be in a dark room.

Did anyone else notice this, or am I the only one?

..G..
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameShine View Post
I have the same problem as you, but this is something I found out yesterday:

If you go to a dark room, and you turn on your S2, you can see some sort of.. light black/grayish pixel spots over your screen. It is pretty hard to see, that's why you need to be in a dark room.

Did anyone else notice this, or am I the only one?
Hi I noticed it too, what I also noticed is that sometimes when using the face unlock on "waking" the phone up with the power key worked, I'm hoping it is not a hardware issue because it's intermittent.

czagawara
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi all.
I have this same problem with my screen on sgs2 . Also can see screen in darkness. Sound and phone works fine.

zvuqniki
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default After opening up, came up with this problem

I opened up the back of the phone, to clean off some lint between the camera lens, and the glass on the outside, after closing it, This problem occurred.
The thing is, the touch screen works fine. I can navigate through the phone (using another Galaxy S2 to guide me of course), and everything. I can turn it off and on, etc.
So, this may be a hardware issue, but can someone chime in and let us know the specific hardware issue that may be in play here?
The Following User Says Thank You to zvuqniki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simonbarsinistr
Old
Thanks Meter 100
I'm having the same problem. I'm repairing a water damaged phone, and after the cleaning, it would hang on the galaxy S2 logo. I got it into download mode, and left it that way while I was Dling the proper Odin files, but when I came back 15 minutes later, it was a black screen. I finally realized it was still working, and navigated into download mode by memory, and successfully flashed the firmware. But now the screen that was working, refuses to turn on, although the capacitive lights do, and the phone is seemingly working normally.

It seems like it has to be something simple, the LCD shouldn't just die altogether for no reason. I'll keep messing around, and if I figure anything out, I'll report back. Or maybe someone else figures it out, and I can benefit!

simonbarsinistr
Old
Thanks Meter 100
As an update, I plugged the non working screen into a working S2, and it showed the Samsung logo on boot up. Then it went black again, but it can still show images, and did it multiple times. So the LCD works, but something is messing it up.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

hareba
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey guys!

I have the same problem... does anybody have an idea what's happening to our phones?