Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

My S2 does not Boot at all may be HARDBRICKED :'(

OP akhil17kr

21st January 2014, 10:36 AM   |  #21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,208
 
7,088 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Relax, not you The other guy, which is why I put ^^^ referring to his post above mine. As I said to him, the important thing to me was to have you either get your phone repaired as soon as possible or get another phone, so you have a working phone again rather than have you try stuff that's either impossible or isn't going to work.

And you're doing that now, so that's good

Edit - Re: whether replacing the 'power IC' is going to fix your phone or not, that will depend on whether that's the only thing wrong with the phone or not. In many of these cases, it's the NAND that's corrupted (bad flash scrambles it), and that's all that's wrong. But if he says he's diagnosed your phone & discovered that's what's wrong/needs to be fixed, you don't really have any choice but to trust that he's right. Put it this way, if he's not & you do end up having to get a motherboard replacement, if I were in that situation there's no way I'd be paying for both the first repair and the eventual motherboard replacement when the issue could have been fixed in the first place by the latter.

But, we'll cross our fingers he's right & that fixes it for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil17kr

dude please if anything irritates you .. then i'm sorry..
i ts just its first time happened with me...s i am worried about my phone..
that's all :/

Last edited by MistahBungle; 21st January 2014 at 10:41 AM.
21st January 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #22  
akhil17kr's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 26
 
338 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
here's a tragedy..that local repair shop owner said he couldn't change the POWER IC (INR 800 or $13) cause it is pasted to the board tighyly and hence couldn't be removed or replacd only motherbprad can be repalced.. and that will costs INR 3000($50) .. so i ask him fo return of my old motherbaord then he said he have to send the old one in order to get the new to replace this..
So i go to another one and after checking he said the POWER IC can be changed and may fix the Phone and it'll cost INR 2000($33) and he got the POWER IC and doesn't to ship..

SO the fact is
1) The first one will also gonna change the POWER IC at the costs of INR 3000 ($50) and saying me that he'll change the board and send the older one to get new one..

2) the second one will change the POWER IC and will fix the phone for INR 2000($33)...

SO this is it... everyone wants to take advantage of this poor thing

can i do something at home of POWER IC

ir have to go for 2nd option ???
21st January 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,208
 
7,088 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
That's terrible. I feel lucky I've never had such problems having electronics repaired here.

Could you repair it yourself; as in remove a small component from the motherboard, and replace it with another small component without damaging any other components in the process ?

I'll put it this way...I wouldn't try that myself in a million years. Why ? Because I have no experience removing/replacing/resoldering components the size of those on a phone's motherboard. I'd be worried I'd trash something else on the board through being imprecise with the soldering iron/similar. I'd pay someone else to fix it every time.

You, however, might feel confident enough to fix it yourself if you have some experience with these sorts of things. If you have no experience at all with fiddling with electronics/soldering at that size, trying to fix this yourself is not advised. If you mess it up, your phone goes in the bin/will be pretty much unrepairable.

Yes, you do seem to be getting 'the run around' by these people who are offering to fix it for you.

As to which option you choose, only you can make that judgement, because as you're actually there & talking to these people, only you are going to be in a position to judge which of these is being more honest with you. I must admit, I'm surprised they've both said they can repair it by replacing a single part on the board rather than just replace the whole board, but as I mentioned earlier, you'd hope they'd actually had a good look at your phone & diagnosed it properly before telling you this.

I guess you don't have much choice other than to trust one of them, assuming you don't have a third/fourth/etc repairer to take it to for another opinion.
21st January 2014, 03:54 PM   |  #24  
akhil17kr's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 26
 
338 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle

That's terrible. I feel lucky I've never had such problems having electronics repaired here.

Could you repair it yourself; as in remove a small component from the motherboard, and replace it with another small component without damaging any other components in the process ?

I'll put it this way...I wouldn't try that myself in a million years. Why ? Because I have no experience removing/replacing/resoldering components the size of those on a phone's motherboard. I'd be worried I'd trash something else on the board through being imprecise with the soldering iron/similar. I'd pay someone else to fix it every time.

You, however, might feel confident enough to fix it yourself if you have some experience with these sorts of things. If you have no experience at all with fiddling with electronics/soldering at that size, trying to fix this yourself is not advised. If you mess it up, your phone goes in the bin/will be pretty much unrepairable.

Yes, you do seem to be getting 'the run around' by these people who are offering to fix it for you.

As to which option you choose, only you can make that judgement, because as you're actually there & talking to these people, only you are going to be in a position to judge which of these is being more honest with you. I must admit, I'm surprised they've both said they can repair it by replacing a single part on the board rather than just replace the whole board, but as I mentioned earlier, you'd hope they'd actually had a good look at your phone & diagnosed it properly before telling you this.

I guess you don't have much choice other than to trust one of them, assuming you don't have a third/fourth/etc repairer to take it to for another opinion.

ya.. as i told you earlier .. i 've googled for these issues and find youtube videos for fixing this dead issue by just replacing POWER IC
here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce0bCRnY_A0

and here are those people who have same these issues before :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1876232

so i think i will go for 2nd one.. asking him for guarantee that it should work after replacing POWER IC otherwise if still doesn't work i'll not going to pay you..and will bargain for this
P.S. S2 and Note both have same Power Manager Controller IC MAX8997 ...
21st January 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,208
 
7,088 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Good plan re: telling them 'I'm not paying you unless you fix it'. That's a fair deal & sticking up for yourself. Good luck
21st January 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #26  
akhil17kr's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 26
 
338 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle

Good plan re: telling them 'I'm not paying you unless you fix it'. That's a fair deal & sticking up for yourself. Good luck

Thanks bro.. will keep this updated tomorrow when i'll go again..
Hope for the best !!
27th January 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #27  
akhil17kr's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 26
 
338 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
UPDATE: So i gave my phone to the local mobile repair center...and after inspection as expected he said the POWER IC need to be replaced.... SO i gave my phone today evening to him and will take on after 1 day i.e. on 29th of evening...
The cost will be INR 2000($31.69)..

Will tell ya.. when i got my phone working...
29th January 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #28  
akhil17kr's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 26
 
338 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
SO, IT turns out The guy says it doesn't have POWER IC PROBLEM... instead it has corrupt EMMC CHIP Problem..

MAy be this is the reason the Phone automatically Crashes and restart on itself and doesn't boot when the files are copying in the internal SD card at the First Place..

He said he going out of city and will look for replacement EMMC and its not sure if it'll be available or not..

SO , I want to know if EMMC chip is available for replacement ???
Is there an way that you can detect whether the dead s2 is problem caused by either POWER IC or Corrupted EMMC ??

I am wondering how Corrupted EMMC CHIP doesn't let Boot even to boot..
29th January 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #29  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,208
 
7,088 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Which is exactly what this problem is always caused by.

No, you cannot buy a new EMMC separately, nor can you (normally) buy a new motherboard without having a Samsung service centre do the replacement. In some dodgy countries you might get 'leakage' of new boards without the service centre doing the replacement, but if Samsung found out they'd chuck a fit.

These cases are always cause by the NAND being scrambled by the bad flash. Anything else wrong with the phone hardware-wise is coincidental.

The operating system/pre-boot/etc is on the NAND, bad flash corrupts the NAND, no more operating system/etc. It's pretty simple/logical really.

So, as I've already said however many times already in this thread (can't be arsed counting), the only way you are fixing this phone is by replacing the motherboard. I'm not posting to this thread again, because you don't listen/read what I've already said a number of times.


Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil17kr

SO, IT turns out The guy says it doesn't have POWER IC PROBLEM... instead it has corrupt EMMC CHIP Problem..

The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th January 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #30  
akhil17kr's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 26
 
338 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle

Which is exactly what this problem is always caused by.

No, you cannot buy a new EMMC separately, nor can you (normally) buy a new motherboard without having a Samsung service centre do the replacement. In some dodgy countries you might get 'leakage' of new boards without the service centre doing the replacement, but if Samsung found out they'd chuck a fit.

These cases are always cause by the NAND being scrambled by the bad flash. Anything else wrong with the phone hardware-wise is coincidental.

The operating system/pre-boot/etc is on the NAND, bad flash corrupts the NAND, no more operating system/etc. It's pretty simple/logical really.

So, as I've already said however many times already in this thread (can't be arsed counting), the only way you are fixing this phone is by replacing the motherboard. I'm not posting to this thread again, because you don't listen/read what I've already said a number of times.

I know dude... But i am just updating the thread .. So that other people with same problem can know what's wrong ..
Well, i will know tomorrow if he'll able to get EMMC ChIP.. otherwise only option is of course MOTHERBOARD REPLACEMENT . My bad luck :/

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes