Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

S2 not booting, cannot reach recovery/download because home button does not work

OP Sanj3k

17th August 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18

139 posts
Hey folks,

I have some serios sh!t over here.... I have installed a new rom and accidentally deleted the launcher3.apk (because usually I use nova) but in that moment I didnt have nova launcher installed!!!! And the phone rebooted itself since that moment I just see the boot animation for example but nothing else.

It wouldnt be a problem at all if I could just enter recovery wipe and install it again, or restore a twrp nandroid backup BUUUUUUTT my home button doesnt work! And thats why I cant boot into recovery since I cant touch the 3 buttons. Last time I went through adb commands into recovery but now adb says liste of device and there is one BUT it is offline... So when I type a command it says Error: Device Offline!

Is there a way to fix it without putting money into it?? Or do i need another LCD so I can boot into recovery with a working home button?? That would be a real real bad thing

Thanks a lot for help
Sanj3k
17th August 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18

139 posts
Okay, someone told me a hint! You can enter the download mode also, when you are holding volume down and then connecting the device to a charger. It worked well flashed with Odin FW etc. so no problem at all LOL! Maybe this information will help someone other. Please close the thread.
19th August 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanj3k

Okay, someone told me a hint! You can enter the download mode also, when you are holding volume down and then connecting the device to a charger. It worked well flashed with Odin FW etc. so no problem at all LOL! Maybe this information will help someone other. Please close the thread.

Thanks for Information
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread