[Q] S2 bricked? so noob :(

Tip us?

DumbBum
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] S2 bricked? so noob :(

Hello guys,

I have owned my samsung galaxy s2 for years now without a problem ( never rooted or anything like that)
As you can probably already tell im not very tech savy. Unfortunetly just recently my phone will not turn on, or to be more precise, it gets stuck on the samsung logo whilst trying to boot up, a quick google search has told me my phone is bricked? I Can access download mode and recovery mode by holding different buttons ( again google)

I dont even care about the phone because its so old now, all i care about is the 500 or so photos I have taken since last downloading the photos off the phone.

From what I have read I need to use ODIN3 or some type of software to basically reinstall the phones software and make it work again but there are a million different sites/videos/advice threads out there and im not sure which one to follow.

most of them start by trying to "wipe user data" from recovery mode? does this mean my photos will be lost?

any help (including just pointing me in the right direction) will be greatly appreciated!

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3022
Download stock rom for carrier/country from Samfirmware, flash with Odin in download mode following instructions in thread stickied near top of Q&A titled ' Flash Stock firmware...'
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!

DumbBum
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Download stock rom for carrier/country from Samfirmware, flash with Odin in download mode following instructions in thread stickied near top of Q&A titled ' Flash Stock firmware...'
Excellent! thankyou, SO just to clarify one more time, i WONT lose any photos?

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3022
Probably not, but, you either want a working phone or you don't. That should be the least of your concerns at the moment.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!