Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,548 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S2 Not getting turned on

Tip us?

funnypunk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] S2 Not getting turned on

My phone got turned of suddenly while i was on a call and its not getting turned on . I thought it might be the battery and kept it for charging. And tried after 2~3 hours, but still the same. Its not showing any charging animation ( with the battery icon ) while i kept it for charging. I tried to plug nd unplug the phone so that it shows that animation , but it doesnt show up.

I searched in forum and did soft reset and hard reset ( removing battery and hold the ON button for 10 seconds and insert battery again and try). Even that didnt work out.

Does anybody have any idea on what might be wrong?

HashyCode
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2089
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnypunk View Post
My phone got turned of suddenly while i was on a call and its not getting turned on . I thought it might be the battery and kept it for charging. And tried after 2~3 hours, but still the same. Its not showing any charging animation ( with the battery icon ) while i kept it for charging. I tried to plug nd unplug the phone so that it shows that animation , but it doesnt show up.

I searched in forum and did soft reset and hard reset ( removing battery and hold the ON button for 10 seconds and insert battery again and try). Even that didnt work out.

Does anybody have any idea on what might be wrong?
Try USB JIG?
It will force you to go download mode. Head over here to check out about usb jig. You can make your own self too. If let's say you're able to go to download mode. Then flash stock firmware.

keithross39
Old
(Last edited by keithross39; 7th May 2014 at 01:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1183
Try to find somebody else with an S2 and see if you can borrow their battery. If your phone starts, then your issue is with the usb port itself........
From your description it's either this or the battery has suddenly failed, battery failures are *extremely* rare.......
New software is NOT NEEDED in either case.....

Sent from my rooted debloated thingy

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

Also, if you *can* get hold of a second S2, see if your battery charges in that one......that would help to confirm or rule out any problems with the battery.......

Sent from my rooted debloated thingy