Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 48,130 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S2 GT-i9100 4.1.2 Brick

Tip us?

nobelessor
Old
(Last edited by nobelessor; 21st May 2014 at 05:28 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] S2 GT-i9100 4.1.2 Brick

My Phone had stock 4.1.2 as far version is concerned idont exactly remeber it but it was april 2013 one i think

I tried to root my phone GT-i9100 using the Odin flash using Jeboo Kernel for GT-i9100 Then CWM recover mode came and i have used CM 11 Moon shot and upon reboot i was in CWM Recovery Mode again and this happend like everytime if i power off or reboot i was in CWM recovery mode

So i used odin agian but this time with Siyah-s2-v5.0.1 surprisingly i can use recovery mode on 1st reboot but upon 2nd reboot the boot just stuck in the Siyah logo and i tried agian with Siyah-s2-v6.0b5 with odin but still the phone is stuck with Siyah logo

i do have access to recoverymode and download mode

Please help me to recover my phone

Thank You

As of now i can only go to Download mode and i have Kies installed on my Win 8

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
Your phone isn't bricked if you have download mode (probably), chill out.

Download stock firmware for country/carrier (not 4.0.4) from Samfirmware, flash following instructions in thread stickied near top of Q&A title 'Flash stock firmware'. Problems with flash ? Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread has all the info you need to get a successful flash. If you do have problems with the flash, you need to go through the stuff in Hopper's thread methodically & as many times as you need to until you get a flash that works. You don't post Odin logs to this thread saying 'But it won't work !!!!'.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

nobelessor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Your phone isn't bricked if you have download mode (probably), chill out.

Download stock firmware for country/carrier (not 4.0.4) from Samfirmware, flash following instructions in thread stickied near top of Q&A title 'Flash stock firmware'. Problems with flash ? Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread has all the info you need to get a successful flash. If you do have problems with the flash, you need to go through the stuff in Hopper's thread methodically & as many times as you need to until you get a flash that works. You don't post Odin logs to this thread saying 'But it won't work !!!!'.
Thanks for ur response Mr.Bungle and thanks for pointing out Hoppers8's thread yeah i guess it inst bricked oops huh guess i need to patient these days before coming to a conclusion

well after a while i have installed philz rom, CWM & CM 11 moon shot all went fine but every time the system reboots before CM screen shows up the yellow warning is displayed and after booting in to CM11 i checked there is only 790 MB of RAM available to verify this i checked in to apps manager it says 310 Used & 483 Free when it was in JB 4.1.2 stock rom all the 1 GB was displayed with 785 something MB available

How can i reclaim the RAM, will using anyother rom will solve the issue