FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Q] S2 GT-I9100G Boot Loop

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By mrbalaje, Junior Member on 2nd May 2014, 11:32 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
7th May 2014, 12:06 PM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Hi mate,

1. Try to flash the latest stock rom with odin
2. I was once like you, can not restore my backup through cwm. Then I found out that thw cwm backup didn't include the preload folder. That's why made my S2 got a bootloop. And nothing that I can do to bring back my nandroid backup.
3. About your efs folder, try using GS II REPAIR that can be downloaded in playstore. Or you also can search in XDA for tools named EFS PROFFESIONAL. Worse become worst you will not get your original imei back, but you will get a generic imei (00499xxxxxx), at least the phone can work again normaly....

Good luck mate
 
 
12th May 2014, 08:16 AM |#12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubitolz

Hi mate,

1. Try to flash the latest stock rom with odin
2. I was once like you, can not restore my backup through cwm. Then I found out that thw cwm backup didn't include the preload folder. That's why made my S2 got a bootloop. And nothing that I can do to bring back my nandroid backup.
3. About your efs folder, try using GS II REPAIR that can be downloaded in playstore. Or you also can search in XDA for tools named EFS PROFFESIONAL. Worse become worst you will not get your original imei back, but you will get a generic imei (00499xxxxxx), at least the phone can work again normaly....

Good luck mate

Hi Mate,

Thanks a lot. Now with the GS II Repair, i got the Baseband and the generic IMEI (00499xxxx) on my phone. But cant use it for calls, only data works in the phone through SIM network.
15th May 2014, 08:21 PM |#13  
lovegambler's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 114
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbalaje

I tried downloading a stock ROM and flashed it. Again in Bootloop. When i went to recovery, its says failed to mount /efs

Having the exact issue as you buddy
can't boot any rom
have tried flashing Stock via ODIN but got stuck on Bootloop

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokulbalram

The efs partition is very critical. It holds the IMEI and stuff. Try finding an Efs.rfs for the S2

Sent from my Magic Talking Parrot. Which is an i9000

I have a EFS.rfs file and tried flashin via ODIN but still can't boot into ROM
15th May 2014, 08:23 PM |#14  
Gokulbalram's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 636
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegambler

Having the exact issue as you buddy
can't boot any rom
have tried flashing Stock via ODIN but got stuck on Bootloop

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------



I have a EFS.rfs file and tried flashin via ODIN but still can't boot into ROM

Last option, get it to the nearest Samsung Service Center

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTT, sent from my i9000
The Following User Says Thank You to Gokulbalram For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2014, 08:41 PM |#15  
lovegambler's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 114
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokulbalram

Last option, get it to the nearest Samsung Service Center

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTT, sent from my i9000

Thanks
15th September 2014, 03:28 PM |#16  
mujeebulhasan's Avatar
Member
Flag Kanpur
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
you found any solution????
i am facing same problem will you plesae help me anurag25

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegambler

Thanks

i am facing same problem with my s2.I want your help..
16th September 2014, 08:19 AM |#17  
lovegambler's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 114
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mujeebulhasan

i am facing same problem will you plesae help me anurag25

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------



i am facing same problem with my s2.I want your help..

not having my s2 with me now, sry
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloop, cwm, efs, imei
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes