FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] S2 i9100 PROBLEM!

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By LSUK92, Junior Member on 21st January 2014, 11:34 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
2 days ago i decided to root my samsung galaxy S2 i9100, after i rooted the phone i got a yellow triangle at the boot up screen which i then used triangle away, then my battery started to die very quickly it gets to 50% the screen flickers and then dies and tells me i have only 1% battery life.. i read that it could be the kernel, i was using siyah i think thats how it spelt so i then flashed the philsZ kernel and recovery.. thats has done nothing i still get the screen flicker and shut down at 50%, any ideas off what this is? is there a fix? do i have to spend any money to fix it ect, thanks.

21st January 2014, 11:55 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3,221

More
Back to completely stock first to test, if problem persists new battery, if problem still persists replace USB board/port.
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2014, 12:04 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle

Back to completely stock first to test, if problem persists new battery, if problem still persists replace USB board/port.

Okay thanks for the help
The Following User Says Thank You to LSUK92 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2014, 12:21 PM |#4  

More
No worries Any questions/whatever, post here again.
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2014, 12:31 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle

No worries Any questions/whatever, post here again.

okay, one more question.. when i put my phone on charge, the charger is loose in the port it still charges fines but i have to either place the phone on a surface of hold the charger in so it doesnt fall out i have tried other chargers and its the same with them, the port looks fine from what i can see the charger is just loose, so any ideas on how to fix/make the charger stay in firmly?
21st January 2014, 02:04 PM |#6  

More
Sounds like the board/port is either loose or not working as it should & needs replacing. You could always open the phone up & take a look/make sure it's in its right place. If after you've done that it's still causing problems, KeithRoss39 has a guide in the General section on replacing the board/port - it's quick/cheap (maybe US$15 or less)/easy to do yourself, his guide has all the info you need to get that done.

Edit - If that's happening with different cables, then it's obviously the port (either loose or needs replacing).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)