5,594,341 Members 38,041 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Only S2 (Intl.)-ROMs on the S2 (Intl.)?

Tip us?

fiz:ik
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Cool [Q] Only S2 (Intl.)-ROMs on the S2 (Intl.)?

Hey guys

I am using this ROM on my S2 (Intl.) and yeah it has some bugs, but thats okay, but today i saw in the CM download section that there is CM11 available for the S2, butonly for the T-Mobile version.

So my question is, whether I can flash the T-Mobile version or if that would brick my phone. And if I can't, can I flash ROMs from the Note 2 for example? I have one S2 in use and one only for testing ROMs, so i could copy a stable S2 ROM on my sd and then copy the CM11 T-Mobile, too. Then I'll flash the T-Mobile ROM and if that wouldn't work i can boot in recovery, clear all data and flash the stable version? Or is thisimpossible and I am just a silly dude?

thanks for answering

Merry Christmas!

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3017
Do not flash non-I9100 firmware on the I9100, yes, there's a fair chance you'll brick your phone if you do.

I suggest you learn 'the basics' given your question (read the guides/tutorials stickied in the General section for starters), 'messing' with your phone in any way (particularly if it involves flashing, even with CWM) is risky without knowing them.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!

fiz:ik
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
no no I know the basics including that you should not flash not appropriate firmwares, it was just a question, but okay, I understood, so I#ll keep waiting until an official version of CM11 for the normal S2 will be uploaded

-Marco
Old
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiz:ik View Post
no no I know the basics including that you should not flash not appropriate firmwares, it was just a question, but okay, I understood, so I#ll keep waiting until an official version of CM11 for the normal S2 will be uploaded
Exactly. I know it seems a madness that the Galaxy S2 has not yet been updated (it is enough to think that the Galaxy S already has the CM11), but more of install the CM11 not journal cannot we do.
P. S: Merry Christmas

Give me a THANKS if I helped you / you like my post
Italy developer
~CyanFox Team~
The Following User Says Thank You to -Marco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]