Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,964 Members 51,504 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S2 rebooting itself with KK

Tip us?

juanqui1893
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default [Q] S2 rebooting itself with KK

Hi guys, I got a prob, my S2 reboots alone with CM11 "Kitkat" after I lock the screen, with every rom like, SOKP, RR KK and more, but this doesnt happen with CM10.2 or Android 4.3 and below, I tried, format SD-Card, cache's, format system, preload, data, android.secure, and reinstall the rom and Gapps and everything but the problem persist. The power button its Ok. Now im with Android 4.2.2 with Resurrection 4.0.7 the last JB ROM, I hope you guys can help me

Thanks
Galaxy S5 G900F
PACMAN ROM 4.4.4 RC1
Philz CWM Recovery

andrewwright
Old
Thanks Meter 2890
Flash stock firmware with Odin and test for reboots. Always good to go back to stock and test if there are problems there too. After a day or so if you have no problems go back to custom and try a... different ROM maybe?
The Following User Says Thank You to andrewwright For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mosespl
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Its known bug wirh kitkat soft reboots. Is related to kernel too. Check philz dori and apollo kernel. Maybe that helped. I had couple of roms cm11 and every had a bug with soft reboots but not often meybe once per day or twice. Last rom i had installed was wizzedkat and for me was the best based on stock 4.1.2 with additional features

Wysłane z mojego D5503 przy użyciu Tapatalka

andrewwright
Old
Thanks Meter 2890
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosespl View Post
Its known bug wirh kitkat soft reboots. Is related to kernel too. Check philz dori and apollo kernel. Maybe that helped. I had couple of roms cm11 and every had a bug with soft reboots but not often meybe once per day or twice. Last rom i had installed was wizzedkat and for me was the best based on stock 4.1.2 with additional features

Wysłane z mojego D5503 przy użyciu Tapatalka
A bug!! Really!! That must be a s2 only bug. And as you named names of ROMs have you never tried alliance rom 4.1.2 tw