Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,166 Members 44,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S2 does not start

Tip us?

ivit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] S2 does not start

Hello, yesterday my phone freezes and I couldn`t make a restart, I removed the battery but the screen still worked 30sec, now the phone does not want to start, I tried to make reset but nothing. Any suggest what happened or what can I do? Thank you.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
If the phone won't boot at all, you don't really have many options. Try a jig & see if you can get into download mode. Also search for KingRat's 'jumpstart' method where you try and boot the phone with just the charger/without the battery.

Failing that, you could try another battery, but be aware that is unlikely to be the problem, and you'll end up with a new battery you can't use if you decide to get a new phone rather than have this one repaired.

Service centre or local mobile repair shop, most likely fix = motherboard replacement.

As to why/how it happened; who knows ? We don't have the phone in front of us & opened up in order to diagnose it. Nobody here can tell you that.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

ivit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
If the phone won't boot at all, you don't really have many options. Try a jig & see if you can get into download mode. Also search for KingRat's 'jumpstart' method where you try and boot the phone with just the charger/without the battery.

Failing that, you could try another battery, but be aware that is unlikely to be the problem, and you'll end up with a new battery you can't use if you decide to get a new phone rather than have this one repaired.

Service centre or local mobile repair shop, most likely fix = motherboard replacement.

As to why/how it happened; who knows ? We don't have the phone in front of us & opened up in order to diagnose it. Nobody here can tell you that.
what do you think, the problem is with a hardware (i need to replace something on the MO) or with the phone`s OS, can a JTAG help me?

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1,202
@MistahBungle has spelt it out pretty clear......you CAN'T replace individual components on the motherboard..... attempting to do so is just asking for trouble......
If your phone still has warranty, DON'T try JTAGging, Samsung WILL see that this has been attempted (due to the fact that wires have to be soldered to the motherboard to connect the JTAG) and they WILL shout "unauthorized rework" and "warranty void".......

Sent from my infected_ KitKatted S2.....

Angel2k6
Old
Thanks Meter 9
phone is stuck on "samsung" logo or dosn't turn on?