Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] S2 does not start

OP ivit

16th March 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello, yesterday my phone freezes and I couldn`t make a restart, I removed the battery but the screen still worked 30sec, now the phone does not want to start, I tried to make reset but nothing. Any suggest what happened or what can I do? Thank you.
16th March 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3,210

7,087 posts
If the phone won't boot at all, you don't really have many options. Try a jig & see if you can get into download mode. Also search for KingRat's 'jumpstart' method where you try and boot the phone with just the charger/without the battery.

Failing that, you could try another battery, but be aware that is unlikely to be the problem, and you'll end up with a new battery you can't use if you decide to get a new phone rather than have this one repaired.

Service centre or local mobile repair shop, most likely fix = motherboard replacement.

As to why/how it happened; who knows ? We don't have the phone in front of us & opened up in order to diagnose it. Nobody here can tell you that.
17th March 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle

If the phone won't boot at all, you don't really have many options. Try a jig & see if you can get into download mode. Also search for KingRat's 'jumpstart' method where you try and boot the phone with just the charger/without the battery.

Failing that, you could try another battery, but be aware that is unlikely to be the problem, and you'll end up with a new battery you can't use if you decide to get a new phone rather than have this one repaired.

Service centre or local mobile repair shop, most likely fix = motherboard replacement.

As to why/how it happened; who knows ? We don't have the phone in front of us & opened up in order to diagnose it. Nobody here can tell you that.

what do you think, the problem is with a hardware (i need to replace something on the MO) or with the phone`s OS, can a JTAG help me?
18th March 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #4  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 1,209

1,995 posts
More
@MistahBungle has spelt it out pretty clear......you CAN'T replace individual components on the motherboard..... attempting to do so is just asking for trouble......
If your phone still has warranty, DON'T try JTAGging, Samsung WILL see that this has been attempted (due to the fact that wires have to be soldered to the motherboard to connect the JTAG) and they WILL shout "unauthorized rework" and "warranty void".......

Sent from my infected_ KitKatted S2.....
19th March 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 9

100 posts
phone is stuck on "samsung" logo or dosn't turn on?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread