Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,739 Members 42,010 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S2 suddenly dead

Tip us?

wulsic
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by nupity View Post
Just flashed PhilZ kernel. It boots but right now it stucks on "Android is upgrading.. Starting apps"
ahh okay nupity Maybe there is something with your existing apps what you had first. Try to go to Philz recovery and wipe cache/dalvik cache. If that doesn't work and it's still stuck then you maybe need to try to flash another 4.1.2 stock based romand see if it goes then so Download the rom, Format system, Cache and Dalvik cache.
Devices History
Htc Elf-Htc Google Nexus One-LG Optimus 2X-Samsung Galaxy S2-LG Nexus4

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
"The greatest ideas are the simplest." William Golding
"Simplicity is the art of maximizing the amount of work not done." - Agile Manifesto
"Simplicity is the way a human/developer should think to easily solve problems." - Wulsic

My Work So far

nupity
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulsic View Post
ahh okay nupity Maybe there is something with your existing apps what you had first. Try to go to Philz recovery and wipe cache/dalvik cache. If that doesn't work and it's still stuck then you maybe need to try to flash another 4.1.2 stock based romand see if it goes then so Download the rom, Format system, Cache and Dalvik cache.
Ok, did dalvik and cache wipe. It says "optimizing apps XX/89" and then get to "starting apps" again, after 5 minutes I pulled out the battery, should I let it work more time?
hTC Sensation XE
4.0.3 stock

bogdan1980
Old
Thanks Meter 529
Yes

Note 3 rooted knox 1, my last Samsuck crap. I want freedom. Stay away from Samsuck!
S2 oficial rom Xwlsn 4.1.2, Dorimanx 8.40/or latest beta
Optimus G

nupity
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan1980 View Post
Yes

Note 3 rooted knox 1, my last Samsuck crap. I want freedom. Stay away from Samsuck!
Gave it one hour, still nothing. Shoud I flash the rom again from odin? (like I suggested a few posts ago)
hTC Sensation XE
4.0.3 stock

bogdan1980
Old
Thanks Meter 529
If you need data...... You need to conect phone with samsung app if you could. Or with adb.

S2 oficial rom Xwlsn 4.1.2, Dorimanx 8.40/or latest beta
Optimus G

nupity
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan1980 View Post
If you need data...... You need to conect phone with samsung app if you could. Or with adb.

The problem is I need the calender and the notes, how could I get them?
hTC Sensation XE
4.0.3 stock

nupity
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
I accessed my pc again since 4 days I have read that ODIN wipes your data/factory reset but keeps your pictures/videos and other downloads intact but other says that odin doesn't Wipe data/factory reset so I am not sure about it. I hope that some other samsung user could help you with your problem since I didn't used Odin for over a year
flashed this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...stock-t1998205
through recovery and it stuck on "Starting apps" (gave it a full hour, nothing). Is there a way to get out the calender and notes information?
hTC Sensation XE
4.0.3 stock

wulsic
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 709
@nupity maybe. If you have cwm then you can perform an advanced backup only fromthe data partition and then you could extract everything it with some nandroid backup manager.
Devices History

"Simplicity is the art of maximizing the amount of work not done." - Agile Manifesto
"Simplicity is the way a human/developer should think to easily solve problems." - Wulsic

My Work So far

nupity
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
@nupity maybe. If you have cwm then you can perform an advanced backup only fromthe data partition and then you could extract everything it with some nandroid backup manager.
I have access to the phone's files through Droid Explorer. Where can I found their data?
hTC Sensation XE
4.0.3 stock

wulsic
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 709
@nupity its in the android/data folder but if you have recovery like i said just do advanced backup of data partition and use nandroid backup manager or something like that to get the data. Or you can just take the folder I guess :/ i am not sure anymore about the folder since i am 2 months without an android phone
Devices History

My Work So far