Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,147 Members 51,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S2 wont boot! stuck on the logo and shutsdown

Tip us?

robbelineil
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] S2 wont boot! stuck on the logo and shutsdown

guys my samsung sgs2 wont boot up stuck on the sII logo screen and shuts down but working on recovery mode and i also tried restoring my back up but still the same happens.

my s2 is rooted and running beanstalk 4.4.2

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
Recovery mode = factory reset. If that doesn't work, stock rom from Samfirmware, flash with Odin. Problems with Odin flash ? Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General has all the info you need to get a successful flash (you may need to do a factory reset as well after the Odin flash if you end up doing this). Once you've done that, re-root your phone & try restoring your nandroid, or reinstall custom rom/kernel & start from scratch.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

robbelineil
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Recovery mode = factory reset. If that doesn't work, stock rom from Samfirmware, flash with Odin. Problems with Odin flash ? Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General has all the info you need to get a successful flash (you may need to do a factory reset as well after the Odin flash if you end up doing this). Once you've done that, re-root your phone & try restoring your nandroid, or reinstall custom rom/kernel & start from scratch.
already factory reset and tried flashing my custom rom again but still that happens.

can you give me the link where to download the stock rom? but i dont know my baseband version.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
Samfirmware (Google it). You don't need to know whatever baseband you have (it's irrelevant anyway), download any stock rom for your carrier/country (not 4.0.4) given you'll be going back to a custom rom anyway.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

robbelineil
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Samfirmware (Google it). You don't need to know whatever baseband you have (it's irrelevant anyway), download any stock rom for your carrier/country (not 4.0.4) given you'll be going back to a custom rom anyway.
my s2 was bought in las palmas spain. and im on philippines now.

will i download those 4.1.2 version??

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
'download any stock rom for your carrier/country (not 4.0.4) given you'll be going back to a custom rom anyway'.

Won't be repeating myself in this thread again. You should already know this stuff if you're modding your phone in any way.