Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

cannot safely connect to server [emails]

OP adithebratt

26th October 2011, 06:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 30

113 posts
More
hi guys can anyone help suddenly i cannot mail anyone from my yahoo account i get error cannot safely connect to server(not trusted server certificate)
i tried to remove the account and set it up again but now its not even setting it up and giving the error(java.security.cert.certpathvalidatorExceptio n:trust anchor for certification path not found)

my gmail is working fine
Last edited by adithebratt; 26th October 2011 at 06:56 AM.
26th October 2011, 09:27 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 15,311

8,462 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adithebratt

hi guys can anyone help suddenly i cannot mail anyone from my yahoo account i get error cannot safely connect to server(not trusted server certificate)
i tried to remove the account and set it up again but now its not even setting it up and giving the error(java.security.cert.certpathvalidatorExceptio n:trust anchor for certification path not found)

my gmail is working fine

What are the exact settings for your yahoo account?
I do not mean your email and password ... that should be on your side only.
I mean server, port, protocol, etc.
Did you configured it as premium (IMAP) or POP3 or Microsoft Exchange Active Synch?
Which security type have you selected (no, SSL, TLS, ...)?

You can specify all this settings in manual config.

I think that Yahoo only supports POP3 (pop.mail.yahoo.com) for incoming and SMTP (smtp.mail.yahoo.com) for outgoing mails.
But I am not sure as I do not have a Yahoo mail account.

If your Yahoo mail synchronization worked before, you have enabled SMTP already at Yahoo for your account.
But what happened that this does not work any more?
Have you changed a special setting, another account, firmware, installed or un-installed an app?

Sometimes it is helpful to wipe the cache in recovery mode (Volume UP + Home + Power).

Good luck !
26th October 2011, 02:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag mumbai

113 posts
More
Yes i updated my firmware frm 2.3.3 to 2.3.5 last week and actualy never used my yahoo after that so do know when it started today i tried to mail but it gave error sending failed not a secure conection so i deleted the acount and tried to setup up again now its just not seting up giving me error i mentioned before i tried all settings imap pop3 ticked accept all ssl certificate n saw bt no use it says unable to connect

P.s :gmail is working fine
26th October 2011, 02:52 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag mumbai

113 posts
More
I installed k-9 app and it easily setup my yahoo acount and i can mail through it too dont know what went wrong with the default application(social hub)
stil i would like to know what went wrong if anyone could help
26th October 2011, 04:03 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 129

838 posts
More
I know this may sound stupid, but can you get into the Yahoo account via the web (on the phone or PC)? At least this will confirm you have the correct username/email address and password.

What server settings did you put in?
26th October 2011, 05:52 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag mumbai

113 posts
More
Brother i said i can access now via k9 but still not via the default social hub and yes i can acces through pc and mobile browser too
i tried all the possible settings in the social hub like pop3; imap ;ssl certificate on; accept all ssl certificate but no use so currently i m using k9

i think it has to do something with the certificate validation as the error says so but i dont know the solution to it

p.s : phone not rooted
Last edited by adithebratt; 26th October 2011 at 06:11 PM.
26th October 2011, 07:43 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Had the same error today. Read somewhere to change the Yahoo account's outgoing settings on the phone to SSL with accept all certificates, but that didn't help. So I changed security type to None, and all mail starting flowing out of the outbox again. Guess next time I get the error I'll change back to SSL...
27th October 2011, 05:29 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag mumbai

113 posts
More
I cant change the outgoing settings of server unless i login and i cant setup only the yahoo account so i dnt get option of manuly editing outgoing server
15th December 2011, 11:37 PM   |  #9  
Flag Rochester

7 posts
More
Exclamation
This is an SSL problem, android does not always include all chained root certificates.

You will still get an error like this:

Cannot safely connect to server.
(java.security.InvalidAlforithmParameterException: trusteAnchors.isEmpty())
Certificate chain[0]:
Subject: CN=(SSL common name here), OU=Domain Control Validated - RapidSSL(R), OU=See
etc...

This needs to be fixed in the build.

I get this problem running latest android 2.3.7, CM7 with SavagedZen Kernel

Would love a fix so I can use SSL again.
17th February 2012, 12:46 AM   |  #10  
Flag Southern California

5 posts
More
Juststarted receiving this error message TODAY. No changes or updates to anything on my phone...anybody know how to fix this.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread