Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,239 Members 48,977 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

cannot safely connect to server [emails]

Tip us?

adithebratt
Old
(Last edited by adithebratt; 26th October 2011 at 06:56 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default cannot safely connect to server [emails]

hi guys can anyone help suddenly i cannot mail anyone from my yahoo account i get error cannot safely connect to server(not trusted server certificate)
i tried to remove the account and set it up again but now its not even setting it up and giving the error(java.security.cert.certpathvalidatorExceptio n:trust anchor for certification path not found)

my gmail is working fine

It_ler
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 14565
Quote:
Originally Posted by adithebratt View Post
hi guys can anyone help suddenly i cannot mail anyone from my yahoo account i get error cannot safely connect to server(not trusted server certificate)
i tried to remove the account and set it up again but now its not even setting it up and giving the error(java.security.cert.certpathvalidatorExceptio n:trust anchor for certification path not found)

my gmail is working fine
What are the exact settings for your yahoo account?
I do not mean your email and password ... that should be on your side only.
I mean server, port, protocol, etc.
Did you configured it as premium (IMAP) or POP3 or Microsoft Exchange Active Synch?
Which security type have you selected (no, SSL, TLS, ...)?

You can specify all this settings in manual config.

I think that Yahoo only supports POP3 (pop.mail.yahoo.com) for incoming and SMTP (smtp.mail.yahoo.com) for outgoing mails.
But I am not sure as I do not have a Yahoo mail account.

If your Yahoo mail synchronization worked before, you have enabled SMTP already at Yahoo for your account.
But what happened that this does not work any more?
Have you changed a special setting, another account, firmware, installed or un-installed an app?

Sometimes it is helpful to wipe the cache in recovery mode (Volume UP + Home + Power).

Good luck !
Phone: SGS5 (SM-G900F)
ROM: AllianceROM v4.1
Kernel: Stock XXU1ANE2 kernel
Recovery: PhilZ-touch recovery
If you have any question about or any issue with your SGS2, just ask in the New members friendly Q&A thread,
... for your SGS5, just ask in the Noob friendly Galaxy S5 All in one support thread.
If you need general help/assistance, please go to XDA Assist.

adithebratt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Yes i updated my firmware frm 2.3.3 to 2.3.5 last week and actualy never used my yahoo after that so do know when it started today i tried to mail but it gave error sending failed not a secure conection so i deleted the acount and tried to setup up again now its just not seting up giving me error i mentioned before i tried all settings imap pop3 ticked accept all ssl certificate n saw bt no use it says unable to connect

P.s :gmail is working fine

adithebratt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
I installed k-9 app and it easily setup my yahoo acount and i can mail through it too dont know what went wrong with the default application(social hub)
stil i would like to know what went wrong if anyone could help

fred_up
Old
Thanks Meter 129
I know this may sound stupid, but can you get into the Yahoo account via the web (on the phone or PC)? At least this will confirm you have the correct username/email address and password.

What server settings did you put in?

adithebratt
Old
(Last edited by adithebratt; 26th October 2011 at 06:11 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Brother i said i can access now via k9 but still not via the default social hub and yes i can acces through pc and mobile browser too
i tried all the possible settings in the social hub like pop3; imap ;ssl certificate on; accept all ssl certificate but no use so currently i m using k9

i think it has to do something with the certificate validation as the error says so but i dont know the solution to it

p.s : phone not rooted

zbenye
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Had the same error today. Read somewhere to change the Yahoo account's outgoing settings on the phone to SSL with accept all certificates, but that didn't help. So I changed security type to None, and all mail starting flowing out of the outbox again. Guess next time I get the error I'll change back to SSL...

adithebratt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
I cant change the outgoing settings of server unless i login and i cant setup only the yahoo account so i dnt get option of manuly editing outgoing server

kiamori
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This is an SSL problem, android does not always include all chained root certificates.

You will still get an error like this:

Cannot safely connect to server.
(java.security.InvalidAlforithmParameterException: trusteAnchors.isEmpty())
Certificate chain[0]:
Subject: CN=(SSL common name here), OU=Domain Control Validated - RapidSSL(R), OU=See
etc...

This needs to be fixed in the build.

I get this problem running latest android 2.3.7, CM7 with SavagedZen Kernel

Would love a fix so I can use SSL again.

CaptivateRookie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Juststarted receiving this error message TODAY. No changes or updates to anything on my phone...anybody know how to fix this.